22

Shawn;

"Hey," I say as I lean against the door and watch Elle get out of her car and approach my doorstep in a hurry. She comes up to me and plants a kiss on my lips before I close the door behind her.

We go into the movie room and lay on the over-sized bean bag together. "So what do you wanna do, babe?" She asks, slightly tugging at the short strands of my hair as she plays with it. "I-I don't know." "Shawn, are you okay?" "Y-Yeah. I'm fine."

Damnit Shawn, real slick. Stop stuttering.

I have to tell her.

-

Abrielle;

I have to tell him.

I have to tell him about the baby, but there's something else bugging him and I can't tell what it is.

-

I glance down at my phone and look at the time as we watch 'The 100'.

6:24.

I should probably get home, since my best friend Carter is coming over at 6:30.

"Shawn," I say with a yawn, "I think I'm gonna go home." He nods, tiredly, and gets up from his place. He walks over to me, quickly kisses my cheek, and mutters a small, quiet, goodbye. 

"I'll call you later?" He simply nods and I leave his house, completely in the dark from his feelings.

-

I throw myself onto my bed and let out a loud, annoyed, groan. "Okay, spill," Carter says while rummaging through my closet and pulling out the things she likes.

"So," I start, "Shawn's been acting a little weird lately and there's definitely something bugging him, but he won't admit to it."

"Well, did you try to talk to him?" She asks while holding out one of my shirts and then putting it back. "Well, I tried, but it didn't re-" "Elle, this is hideous." She scrunches her nose at a bright bathing suit cover up and throws it down on the carpeted floor.

She's so brutally honest and it's one of the many things that I absolutely love about her.

My mouth suddenly gets really uncomfortably watery and I jump up, sprinting down the hall to the bathroom, knowing exactly what's about to happen.

I lean over the toilet, and vomit. "Elle!" I feel a pair of hands on my shoulders, moving my hair off my neck and I sit up, a tear slipping down my cheek.

"Carter, I have to tell him," I sob. She immediately pulls me into her and tries to calm me down. "Tell who, what?" She asks, a look of concern washes over her face. "Shawn. I-I have to tell him about th-the," I pause trying to catch my breath, "the baby," I whisper and her eyes grow wide.

"Y-You're pregnant?" I nod and she sighs.

"Oh, honey. You have to tell him." She tucks my hair behind my ear and continues to try to calm me down. "I-I know."

A little while later, I find myself staring at Shawn's contact.

"Want some cookies?" I shake my head no, and Carter chuckles. "Okay, more for me," she says as she shoves the rest of a chocolate chip cookie into her mouth and plops down next to me.