Wattpad Block Party-Winter Edition-2

An interview with Adam Blackwell

from

RED NIGHT ~ A Modern Tale with Bite

By RK Close

Today I have the pleasure of interviewing Adam Blackwell, lead male protagonist from the 'Vampire Files Trilogy'.

RK: Adam, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to join the party and of course for agreeing to this interview.

Adam: The pleasure is all mine. Thank you for inviting me.

RK: To be honest the decision to invite you was entirely up to my readers. You were their number one choice. You're very popular with female readers, it seems. Even though we are almost through book two of the trilogy, they still want to know more about you.

I'd like to give new readers a little feedback on you before we go much further. Adam is roughly five-hundred-twelve years old and originally from northern England. He is a vampire by circumstance—not by choice. Adam has cropped dark brown-almost black hair, is six-foot-four and I would guess your weight around 220 pounds. Am I close?

Adam: You're doing brilliantly so far. I don't believe my presence will be necessary for this interview.

RK: *laughs* Of course you're needed. It's you my readers long to hear from.

I would describe your physique as athletic—broad shoulders, narrow waist. You have the bluest eyes I've ever seen. I'm assuming this is a preternatural characteristic—something to do with your vampirism?

Adam: Yes, I'm unable to discuss the science that might be involved but my eyes were brown prior to my first-death.

RK: I suspect that my readers are intrigued by you because you're a bit evasive and don't always volunteer information about yourself or your past. I've known you to outright sidestep or ignore questions about both. Would you agree with that statement?

Adam: Ah, my dear RK, you do not waste time or mince words. Yes, I enjoy my privacy. I've walked the Earth for too many lifetimes. There are things in my past that I would rather have remain in the past. Let the dead rest, as they say.

RK: Fare enough. I've collected questions from my eager readers.

Do you ever drink men's blood now that you know how Sam feels about you drinking women's blood?

RK Close: I believe she is referring to the fact that you can sense Samantha's emotions after sharing your blood, in order to save her life. And because of this you must know she's jealous when you must feed on random woman.

Adam: Ah. Yes, I've noticed that it makes her irritable but I don't believe drinking from men rather than women would make her feel any better about the situation. If she should consider providing for my needs, I'd gladly refrain from using others for survival. Since meeting, Samantha, all others have merely been a source of food—nothing more.

Adam, you were in love before. Do you find yourself comparing Sam to Katherine (your wife who was murdered almost 500 years ago)? Do you still love her (Katherine)?

Adam: Katherine was my childhood friend and my first—everything. She will always hold a special place in my heart. Samantha is totally and uniquely her own person and the first I've had feelings for since losing Katherine. Five-hundred years is a long time to be alone. It's possible to be in the company of others but still find yourself alone. But there is no comparison to be made.