Chapter 8

Five months later.

~Clover's P.O.V.~

Wow. Five months has gone so fast! Five months with someone I really love, Louis. Today is exactly our five month anniversary, we're gonna have a meal out together somewhere in London. Louis found out Maize had a boyfriend and he suggested we should invite them... But then he found out who her boyfriend is... Zayn... He then changed his mind on wanting to invite them.

I got ready in like twenty minutes, but I'm now waiting for Louis. He spends so long on his hair! So I'm just casually scrolling through my instagram on the sofa waiting for him. All my social media's have gained like twenty thousand more followers since I started dating Louis, and the number of followers always seems to be going up daily!

*Knock knock*

All of a sudden the door goes. "I'll get it!" I call to probably no one, since Harry and Liam have gone bowling with Josh and Sandy, Niall's in his room playing computer games and Louis' is still in the bathroom getting ready. I open the door and see Maize stood there. "Maize! Hey, to what do I owe this surprise?"

"Zayn went to L.A. I'm going over to my cousins house to stay, so I thought I'd pop by to say h-" All of sudden she pauses, her eyes move from me to over my shoulder. I turn round to see Louis stood at the top of the stairs. His eyes locked on Maize.

"What is she doing here?" Louis questioned.

"She has a name!" Maize spat at Louis.

"Did it look like I was talking to you? No I don't think so!" Louis says then slowly starts to walk down the stairs towards the front door where me and Maize were stood. "Clover babe, what's she doing here?" He says and shoots a glare at Maize.

"She just came round to quickly say hi" Ie explain.

"Oh okay. Hi bye" Louis says and attempts to shut the door on Maize, but Maize puts her foot in the way.

"Sorry Louis, but whatever have I done to you? Nothing! Nothing. Just because I'm dating someone you don't like, is no excuse to hate me!" Maize fires at Louis. "Yes I know you and Zayn aren't exactly best buddies at the moment, and I'm dating him, but that's no reason to hate me! I mean, Zayn knows I'm best friends with Clover, and your dating her, he hasn't got a problem that! So what is your problem?"

"I've had enough..." Louis mutters and storms out the door.

"Louis!" I call after him. I run out into the hall way after him, he stops and turns round.

"Clover... Please... Let me have a few hours to myself. I need to think" He says and turns round and walks into the elevator.

"Louis..." I cry after him.

"Whoa! What's happening?" I turn back round to see Niall stood at the door next to Maize. When he sees my face full of tears he runs towards me and embraces me in a hug. "Clover! Are you alright? What happened?"

Maize walks up to us. "Clover... I-"

"Go... please" I interrupt her before she could finish. I didn't want to hear it.

She nods and walks towards the elevator.

As soon as she'd gone, Niall leads me back inside the apartment where I explain everything that just happened. Once I'd finished explaining, Harry and Liam walked in.

"Oh my god! Clover! Are you alright?" Harry asked.

I nudge Niall, hinting for him to explain. "Maize came over, and got into a argument with Louis. He then ran off". As soon as Niall had finished, in walked Chris.

"Would someone care to explain to me what's happening? I just passed Louis storming out of the lobby, he completely ignored me. Then I came in here to hear what Niall just said and to see my goddaughter in tears! What on earth have I missed" Chris questions us all. "Clover don't even try to deny it, I know your dating Louis!"

"How did you know?" I ask my godfather.

"What? Do you think I'm some old man who doesn't go on social media? Or read magazines? Its been all over everything!" Chris calmly says with a hint of comedy. "I manage the most popular band on the planet, not live under a rock!"

"Your not mad?" I ask.

"I can't control you. You are your own person! You can date you who want to date! But it's my job as your godfather to give you advice, and I knew dating one of the boys, and getting involved with fame, would end in tears" Chris sits down next to me. "Having a famous best friend and a famous boyfriend must be hard for a normal girl..." Chris stops mid sentence as we hear the front door click open and in walks Louis. He has his head to the floor and walks straight up the stairs, without saying a word to any of us.

Chris then doesn't continue with his sentence, he goes off on his is own business, humming as he went. Harry and Liam looked over at me, but Niall gestured for them to leave, so they went upstairs.

Niall stayed with me on the sofa. "Look Clover. I have no clue what's going in Louis' head, but I want you to know this... You may not be my sister, but I'll fight for you like your brother".