Tøp origin Salem

Nobody expected things to turn out the way they did. A few years ago Salem was taking classes in the plain old Ohio town of Columbus. She did okay in school but she was hardly ever present for classes, she was always busy exploring and doing anything but studying. One day she was busy ditching class by listening to old Green Day albums and driving through the town as they got their first rain of the wet season. She pulled into the mostly empty parking lot of a diner in town and headed straight back for the corner booth. Her headphones still on as she sat tapping her fingers against the cold table top as she flipped through the menu sitting on the table. A waiter came up to her table and he couldn't look more out of place. A tall fit guy with disheveled blue hair and piercings working in a diner in Columbus Ohio. Granted that she was a thin, spunky eighteen year old with purple hair a nose ring, it still intrigued her to see the misplaced boy in an apron. He gave her a warm smile and patiently waited as she pushed back her headphones and let them fall around her neck, still blasting music. "Hi, sorry.", she muttered with a small smile as she glanced down at her menu. "Can I get you a drink, we're not very busy so if you're ready to order I can take that straight in for you." She smiled softly at how polite the guy was, not to mention that he was pretty cute, " Can I get a coffee and a hobo scramble?" He nodded and smiled, "I'll be right out with that.", being polite and following he general procedure as a waiter he turned to walk away but after a moment of silently arguing with himself he turns and leaned over her table and said, "Oh, by the way the second album is way better." A grin spread across her lips as she looked a bit surprised as the blue haired waiter sauntered off. She smiled softly to herself as she put her headphones back on and sat back tapping her fingers against the tabletop as she waited for her food. Not too long after the blue haired boy returned with a cup of coffee and a plate of food, "Here you go, careful you're hot.", he said setting it down and she smiled up at him and corked a brow, "What?" He smirked and simply said, "The plate is hot." She nodded a bit, only half convinced of his small faux pa coverup. She smiled, "You're right by the way." He questioned, "I am?" She nodded, "The second album is better. I'm Salem by the way.", she said extending out her hand to him. He smiled, "I'm Josh." She peered over at his bruised knuckles, "You fight?" He looked a bit taken aback as he looked down at his hands and then gave a small laugh, "Il a drummer." She nodded, "Josh the drummer." He smiled and opened his mouth to say something but his manager was calling for him to get back to work, he gave a small nod and said, "Enjoy your meal, Salem."

Salem, not wanting to head back home, ended up waiting outside the diner's back door an hour later. The blue haired boy , this time without an apron and a name tag, pushed open the back door and smiled wicket as he saw Salem leaning there, "Hi." She smirked and let her headphones hang around her neck as she said, "Hey." She stood up straight and walked a bit closer as she said, "I've got a proposition, Josh the drummer if you've got something better to do I'll get into my car and you'll never have to see me again, if not then you are going to get into my car and come to a party with me." He laughed a bit, "Deal, where's the party?", he asked with a crooked grin." She smirked, "Campus party, some crappy band is playing and it's full of assholes but there is free alcohol." He nodded, "I'm in." She grinned and got into her car, "Great."

"Oh god. The frat boys have invaded. I'm going to go steel some booze, I'll be right back." She smiled to Josh who nodded and stood with his hands in his pockets. Ten minutes later she emerged from the busy party as she walked out to the uninhabited grassy hill where she found not only Josh but a tall lanky boy as well. He was in her history class, at least he was on the two days she actually showed up. The tall boy glanced over at her and gave an awkward smile, "Hi, sorry I was just walking back to my car and.." Salem narrowed her eyes at him and pointed , staying silent a moment before saying, "Joseph..Yeah? We have class together." Tyler nodded and rubbed the back of his neck, "Oh, yeah, I guess you're right. Yeah I'm Tyler, Tyler Joseph actually." She nodded and handed him a beer, "I'm Salem and you're staying to drink with us." He smiled softly and glanced over at Josh. "You two know each other?" , she said taking a swig and glancing between them. Josh nodded, "Tyler's my best friend. He's the college kid, I'm the waiter.", he said with a laugh. She smirked, " I don't know what I am. But here's too the two of you, the three of us..and a good night. May we become friends and stay that way." They both laughed and smiled, all clinking their beers together. Both of the guys were amused by the spontaneous violet haired girl. The three of them all misfits in their own way sat drinking and talking for hours under the stars, never knowing that a few years since from that very moment they would be able to say that they had finally made it.