Mikey LA Riley

Hanging out in LA was always fun, the boys were staying in a big house in the hills. Mikey had been running around the city all morning, he'd found a record store hidden away on one of the side streets. It was like heaven in there, signed rock memorabilia from everyone from Rush to Green Day to Bon Dylan. Broken records were hung up with signatures and names from local bands. Beneath the decorations the wall was black with plastered posters and graffiti staining the open spaces, behind the counter was a guy with a man bun and several facial piercings, flipping through a magazine as he leaned against the counter. Miley headed straight back to the Rock and Punk section to start flipping through the crates of music.

He was the only one in the store, until the little bells tied to the door jingled causing he cashier to glance up momentary. He looked back down at his magazine as he said, "Hey Riley, your stuffs in the back." She nodded and tucked a strand of dark blue hair behind her multi-pierced ear, "Thanks Nate, anything interesting?" The man shrugged and turned the page of his magazine, "Check  bout the back table, we just restocked that section."

Mikey was focused on the albums as he thumbed through the crate of records and pulled out a few that he liked.  He hardly paid any notice to whoever has come in. Who cares anyways? He pushed a hand lack through his red hair as he turned around and leaned on the table as he read the back of the sleeve. That's when he saw her, he looked up to see her standing there with a pair of headphones on playing a Strokes record on one of the turntables. She stood there in a tight black dress with a skeleton printed on it, knee high black socks and dark red Doc Martens, her dark blue hair fell down around her pale face. She had nose ring and piercings all up her ear. She was nodding along to the music, her hips swaying softly. He couldn't help but stare.

She slipped off the headphones and let them hang around her neck as she glanced over at the red headed boy and said, "Hey, are you completely brain dead?"

"What?"

"You, you're starring. If you needed the headphones you could just say something. I have this at home anyways."

"Oh, uh. I'm uh- it's okay."

Riley shrugged and turned around to put the record away. Mikey awkwardly continued to look through the music while stealing glances at her when she wasn't looking. She'd disappeared into the back and come back with a black box that was al taped up and had "RILEY HALE" written across it in bright green marker. She set the box down on the counter and walked over to the punk section, right next to Mikey. She pulled out two records immediately and then glanced over at the red haired boys stack.

"May I?", she said pointing at his stack, he shrugged and she looked through his music rather quickly, "Good choice, except this one is only good for track 6 so I can pull the 45 for you. And if you like that...", Riley said as she went back over to a different table and dug around on the shelves returning with three LPs, "Dead Kennedys are a staple, Stiff Little Fingers is just a punk anthem of an album and...Green Day, Nimrod, it's the best album but it gets a bad rep, and these three are on me. One music lover to the next." Without another word she turned on her heels, picked up her records and walked over to the counter to set them onto the box with her name on it.

Nate the Cashier stood up and smiled, "Good to see you again Riley." 

She picked up her box and nodded, "Thanks again Nate, see you around. Oh and if you see Sid, tell him he owes me a beer, alright?"

He laughed, "Will do."

...

"What did you get?", Ashton asked in interest as he looked through Mikey's music haul.

"Mostly punk, there's some good stuff in there."

"Stiff Little Fingers?"

"It was uh- recommended to me."