Chapter 2

^^ Tripp Mikealson

Chapter 2

Jessica's POV:

I hummed quietly while looking in my closet for a dress to wear. It was Sunday, and Sunday in Rocksford meant the whole town goes to my fathers' sermon. If you miss it, everyone knows.

I decided on a white lace sundress and let my hair down in loose waves. I pulled on my brown boots and walked downstairs. My father went to the church early and I walked over after.

I passed the picture of my mother and smiled.

"Love you, mommy." I whispered quietly. I locked the door and walked to my old Chevy truck. It was blue and slightly rusted but she was a dream. I climbed in and drove to the church parking next to Wilkes' silver Porsche. I got out as all the teens stood in the parking lot.

"Jessica, why don't you let me drive you home?" Tyler asked and I smiled.

"Thanks Tyler but I'm good." I assured. I continued walking up the steps when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I turned as Tripp walked from the side of the church. He had on a leather jacket and jeans with a pair of aviator sunglasses on.

"Did you walk?" I asked.

"Uh yea...Jessica, right?" He asked.

"Y-yea, Jessica Grey." I smiled holding out my hand. He stared at me oddly before lifting his glasses to reveal his soft hazel eyes.

"Tripp Mikaelson." He said.

"So, how are you liking Rocksford so far, Tripp?" I asked.

"I have only been here a week and I already hate it." He grumbled and I stopped.

"W-why?" I asked hurt.

"It's too revolved around the church and football, plus all the weird incest offspring girls with sticks up their asses."

"Gee thanks." I muttered.

"Not you. You are just the little church mouse." He grinned taking out his toothpick and dropping it on the ground.

"Maybe I'll see you later, Jessica Grey." He winked walking inside. I felt my heart flutter and I sighed happily.

"Why are you talking to boys in this town?" Someone sighed. I looked at Beau who had on a blue dress shirt and grey pants.

"Oh Beau, don't worry. I can take care of myself." I smiled taking his arm and walking inside with him. We took our seats near the front passing Tripp in the back.

"Are you going to the forest party this Friday?" He whispered.

"My dad? You think my dad would let me go to one of Rocksford's forest parties?" I laughed and he shrugged.

"I'm going and maybe it will give you a chance to see how disgusting the guys here are." He cringed.

"I only like one guy and that's Tripp Mikaelson." I said secretly and he rolled his eyes.

"Jessica." He groaned.

"What? Beau, I never have a crush on anyone. I actually have a crush on him he is so dark and mysterious...brooding, attractive, secretive-"

"I get it. He is your dream guy and you would love to be on his arm while he is only focused on the bucket." He sighed.

"The bucket? Is that lingo for sex? Like is the bucket referred to a girls vagina?" I asked and he laughed.

"No Jessica. Don't worry about it, it's nothing." He assured.

"Anyways, I just find him interesting. Like he is rude and distant but that's what makes me want to get to know him more."

"He's closed off because he is probably a drug dealer or a bank robber." Beau scoffed as my father stepped out. I slapped Beau on the shoulder and laughed.

"Stop judging people, Beau." I smiled looking back at Tripp. Our eyes met briefly and he sent me a crooked smile and winked at me.