Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Jake's POV:

"You fucking asshole! That was your man!" I yelled throwing my helmet down. Sure, we blew Weston out of the water but this idiot got mad because Jessica was cheering for me.

"He got around me." He shrugged.

"Oh yea, because you weren't stopping him all game? You fucking prick!" I yelled.

"Seriously, Wilkes what were you thinking?" Beau asked.

"He genuinely got around him. Shit happens, Castlemore." Jeremy said butting in.

"Oh bite me, Donaldson. Everyone knows Tripp is a better quarterback than you and a better captain than him!" He said. All the guys murmured in agreement and Wilkes grabbed my jersey.

"You come in here for two weeks and you already think you got her?"

"What?" I asked frowning.

"You know who I'm talking about!" He yelled angrily.

"Jessica? Is this what everything is about? Your head is so far up your ass because of Jessica Grey!? Fuck Jessica, we are playing football, Wilkes! Goddamn I could care less about the reverend's daughter at this point!" I yelled.

"Shit." Beau whispered. I looked to the doors where everyone was looking and Jessica stood fiddling with the game sheet in her hands. She blinked rapidly and looked around.

"S-sorry." She said quietly.

"Jessica-" I called as coach came in. She slapped the paper in his hands and ran out the door.

"Coach? Do you mind?" Beau asked. Coach's eyes fell on me and he sighed.

"Go." He said. Beau ran out and I sat back down running a hand through my hair.

"Wilkes, I want to talk to you before we leave. Good game gentlemen." He said before leaving. It was quiet in the change room as Jeremy cleared his throat.

"So, is this a bad time to ask Jessica to come over?" He asked and I glared at him.

"Fuck off, Donaldson." I said shaking my head.

Jessica's POV:

I held my hands on the steering wheel as I stared out the windshield at the football field. A knock on the window broke me out of my trance and I turned to see Beau.

I rolled down the window and returned to staring at the field.

"Hey." He said quietly.

"Hi." I said angrily.

"Are you okay?"

"No."

"Listen, I know what I have to say will probably go in one ear and out the other but you need to listen to me." He said. I glanced at him briefly before opening my mouth as a tear rolled down my face.

"You know what pisses me off the most?" I whispered. He didn't say anything but I knew he was listening.

"That all these boys think I'm some goody two shoes who is always smiling and always happy." I said.

"I'm not happy, Beau." I whispered.

"I know you're not." He admitted and I met his eyes.

"I miss my mom and I'm tired of all boys looking at me like I'm a piece of meat. I'm a person; I don't need God right now like my father says I need someone who can help me out and be my number one fan." I said.

"What happened to you trying sports this year?" He asked.

"My father wouldn't let me." I said glancing at the permission slips in the visor.

"Stop worrying about him and do something for you. I know your mom would love to see you do that." He said. My grip loosened on the steering wheel and I took a deep breath.

"What were you going to tell me?" I asked.

"Tripp is really into football. It's his passion and what Tyler did really pissed him off. So much that he said things he didn't mean." He said and I laughed.

"I'm sure he said it because he rather have some slut like Lily Collins waiting for him."

"Boys come and go. One day you are going to find the one that suits you. Maybe it is Tripp Mikaelson, I can tell you right now he is probably sitting inside in full equipment sulking about what he said." He chuckled.

"He needs a time out to learn that I'm not some stupid little choir girl."

"Then stop focusing on Rocksford boys. Focus on yourself...what forms do you have here." He said grabbing the forms from my visor.

"Flag football? Good choice. Lacrosse and softball? I think you can score a spot on all of them." He said confidently.

"You think so?" I sniffled wiping under my eyes.

"I do think so. Do you want to watch movies tonight?" He asked and I smiled.

"My place?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'll meet you there. Order pizza and I'll grab snacks." He smiled.

"Alright. Thanks Beau."

"Don't worry about it, Jessie." He said waving me off.