Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Jake's POV:

We were here a little early and the girls were running some plays before the game started. Roxy was busy flirting with Beau and I kept my eyes on the Jessica Grey.

The girls had small black shorts and Jessica wore tight Nike pros under hers. They had long black socks that went up to just before the knee and old football jerseys.

God I would love to have her walk around with just my jersey on.

Her long tanned legs...

"Hey son." Someone said patting my shoulder. Her father sat down and I coughed adjusting my pants.

"Reverend Grey." I nodded and he smiled at me.

"How come you haven't been around lately?" He asked and I stuttered scratching my neck.

"Probably busy with football and school, huh?" He asked.

"Yea. You're right I just have a lot on my plate." I agreed and he smiled turning back to the field.

"She used to be such a Tom boy. Had to drag her inside half the time. My brother owns a ranch just a bit up north and she would be out playing two touch with her cousins all day." I smiled picturing Jessica in braids or something running around and playing football.

"So we shall see how she does today." He said as the ref called for the game.

"Number eighty-eight on the field number one in my heart!" Roxy yelled. Jessica looked up her eyes landing on me briefly, a surprised look crossed her face before she turned back to Roxy and smiled waving.

"Let's go Jessie!" Beau yelled. They were on offence first and Jessica was quarter back. She bent down and I swore she was sticking her ass out more than enough.

"She's totally sticking her ass out for you." Beau whispered. The ball was hutted back and she looked around before sending the ball down the field in a perfect spiral.

"Good job, angel." Her dad said clapping.

"She may be a better quarterback than you." Beau smirked I pushed him lightly as he laughed.

"Like I don't send you beautiful throws all day into that end zone." I turned back as Jessica went for a rush twirling out of the way of the other team. She dove for the end zone landing right in it as the buzzer went off. She stood up holding up her hands as her team circled her.

"I haven't seen you make a rush like that yet." Beau teased and I shoved him again.

"You're just pushing away your chances of being noticed by scouts." I said.

------

Jessica's POV:

"Good game, I will see you at home angel." My dad said kissing my head.

"Now I know you probably don't want to talk to him after that win but-"

"Beau, Jake and I are done, finished." I said and Roxy sighed.

"Jess you need to get laid or something. That boy is head over heels for you." Roxy said and I shook my head.

"Then why did he make out with Collins?" I asked.

"Because I was piss-ass drunk and angry." Someone said. I looked passed Beau to see Jake leaning against his car.

"We'll see you later." Roxy said tugging Beau along with her. I sighed fiddling with my keys and I stared at the gorgeous guy in front of me.

"Angry about what? Football still?" I asked.

"Yes and no." He said stepping towards me.

"I was pissed off at some girl I really like because I blew it with her and I was mad at football because the game is what made me so angry...well and Tyler." He shrugged.

"So every time you are going to get pissed at Tyler you are going to take it out on me?" I asked.

"No. I would never let a stupid game come between us ever again. I was being an asshole and blaming my injury on you because Tyler was pissed at me."

"And why was he pissed at you?" I asked.

"I have a feeling that if I tell you, you won't believe me." He said honestly.

"Try me."

"He got mad because he heard you cheering for me. All the guys here really like you and I guess they are pissed off because a new kid came in and you like him." He said.

"I can actually see Tyler doing that." I smiled. He then moved out of the way to reveal my name carved into his truck.

"I don't know who did this." He laughed.

"But whoever she is, she's got some serious balls." He complimented.

"I will be sure to relay the message." I said setting my bag down.

"Good, I'm probably going to get a new truck this weekend. Keep this one as a trophy." He said.

"A trophy?" I asked confused.

"To remind me to never piss off this crazy, hot blond from my school." He laughed and I felt my cheeks burn up. When boys flirted with me I was so easy to tell them to shut up but with Jake, he made my stomach turn and my body heat up.

"Since I am getting a new one, do you want to take out your anger? Maybe then you can forgive me?" He asked and I smiled.

"Tripp, are you giving me permission to hit your truck?" I asked.

"Anything you want Ms. Jessica Grey." He said.