Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Jessica's POV:

"Dad?" I asked jogging down the stairs.

"Yes, angel?" He asked.

"I was wondering if I could go to Beau's tonight. Is that okay?" I asked.

"Of course angel. Are you staying over?" He asked.

"Yes I was. I will be back in time for Aiden tomorrow morning." I assured.

"Alright, I will see you tomorrow. Have fun." He smiled kissing my head. I said goodbye and made my way over to Beau's house.

------------

"I told him I was staying over, okay?" I asked him.

"Of course. Josh will cover." He assured.

"Cool let me change." I said grabbing clothes and going into his bathroom. I pulled on a pair of jean shorts and a white crop top and of course I pulled on a plaid shirt over top. I took my hair out of the bun and tousled it over.

"Good?" I asked stepping out.

"Of course." He smiled. We decided to take my truck because we had to go off road a little to get to the party destination.

"You sure you want to go? We can just head back and watch movies." He offered and I shook my head.

"Come on Beau, it's senior year. Let's live a little." I smiled. We heard the music thumping from someone's sound system and came to the clearing where people had beer pong tables set up and alcohol everywhere along with a bonfire.

"Wow." I whispered.

"Jessica Grey!" Tyler said with a bottle of Jack in his hand. He slung his arm around my shoulder and I cringed away.

"Hey Tyler." I said uncomfortably and he smirked.

"How about we go dance Jessica?" He asked slurring his words a bit. I laughed shaking my head no.

"I'm alright. Thanks though." I smiled. He brushed me off and stumbled away as I looked at an angry Beau. I giggled lightly and scanned the area for Tripp.

"Hey, do you think Tripp is here yet?" I asked.

"I wouldn't know. Listen I'm gonna go grab a drink, do you want a ginger ale?" He asked and I nodded. He left and I finally found the man I was looking for...and of course he was chatting it up with Lily Collins. He had on jeans and a tight grey shirt with his leather jacket. His sunglasses pushed his hair back as usual and I smiled.

Should I approach him?

I mean he hasn't noticed me staring yet.

But then again Lily Collins is known as the "welcoming committee" of the school.

I went to make my step when Lily took Tripp's face in her hands and pressed her lips to his. I stopped myself from gasping but my jaw dropped as her hand moved down to palm him through his jeans.

His eyes flickered to me and I immediately looked away walking towards the beach. I looked at the ground sadly as I began hearing the waves crash at the shore. How come the one guy I like doesn't like me?

I kicked the sand with my foot and sighed.

"I hate boys." I muttered.

"Jessica, what are you doing out here all by yourself?" Someone asked.

"Jeremy? I could ask you the same thing." I smiled. Jeremy was a member of Rocksford's football team as well. Oh yea you can't get more hick than us. Football and church.

"I was looking for someone like you." He said coming close to me. I smiled taking a step back as he walked towards me.

"Why are you running away?" He asked and I held up my hands.

"Jer, you're drunk." I said as his hands rested on my hips.

"Come on Jess, let me be the one to pop your cherry." He pleaded and I frowned pushing at his chest.

"Jeremy get off of me!" I yelled trying to get out of his grasp.

"Hey!" Someone yelled and Jeremy looked back.

"Mikaelson? What do you want?" He asked.

"I believe she told you to get off of her." He said gesturing to me. Jeremy stepped back and folded his arms.

"I was just playing, Mikaelson."

"It didn't look like it from here. Why don't you go and get a few more drinks?" Jake asked.

"Whatever." He grumbled brushing past me. I looked at Jake who looked me up and down.

"You alright, church mouse?" He asked and I frowned.

"Don't call me that." I said angrily.

"What?"

"Don't call me church mouse. Why don't you go chat it up again with Lily Collins. I'm sure she will feel you up for free." I spat turning away. I heard him call my name as he jogged after me.

"Jessica, just slow down." He said grabbing my wrist. I turned fuming with anger.

"What!?" I snapped.

"I don't like her okay? I told you she is probably an offspring of incest." He said.

"Then why were you kissing her?"

"She kissed me! If you stayed for a second long you would have saw me push her away. I told her to knock it off." He said.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"I think Beau is looking for you." He said.

"He probably is. Are you still coming tomorrow?" I asked hopefully and he sent me a crooked smile.

"Of course." He assured. There was a silence as I looked around.

"Uh, you look really nice tonight, Jessica." He said not meeting my gaze.

"Thanks." I breathed.

"Jessie!" Beau called.

"I better go. I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled waving.