Chapter 25

Jake's POV:

I packed my truck with some things for my room, my gear and clothes while I waited for Jess. I had on a white shirt with a plaid one on top and shorts. It was warm out today so I put my bandana on to keep the hair out of my face.

I heard music from down the street and I turned to see Jess. She had on rose gold sunglasses and she smiled as she pulled up in Barbie.

She stepped out in a white mid thigh dress with a brown belt around her waist. I looked down at her brown boots and shook my head. She looked cute in them though.

"Lookin' good, beautiful." I smiled looking at those tanned legs.

"Thanks baby." She grinned while grabbing out her purse. Her dad would drive down later to pick her up. It wasn't a far drive, maybe two hours.

"Ready to hit the road?" I asked.

"Yes." She smiled. I took her face in my hands and forced my lips against hers. She moaned into the kiss and pulled away.

"Stop or I won't let you leave." She warned. I laughed while getting in on my side and she got in on her side.

----

Once we arrived I parked in front of the house I would be staying at. It's a huge place for all the football guys and they didn't mind if I brought Jess. I would be second string quarter back for the first year. The coach said I may be bumped up if pre season goes well.

I grabbed my stuff from the trunk and Jess grabbed a couple of things as well.

I stepped in and in the front hallway stood Beau and a few other guys.

"Oh there he is. Guys this is my friend Jake Hart." Beau introduced I shook their hands and nodded.

"Sweet I'm Zach, I'm your first string quarter back. We are going to be working closely." He nodded.

"Nice to meet you." I nodded.

"I'm Derek, I play wide receiver. You will meet the rest of the guys later. We are going out for dinner tonight. Training camp starts tomorrow morning...and tomorrow evening we are having a huge kegger." He grinned and I nodded.

"What's your name cutie?" Zach asked looking at Jess. She smiled and held out her hand.

"I'm Jessica Grey." She said.

"This is my girl. She's going here as well. She is actually on the flag football team." I smiled.

"Nice, they don't start training camp until next month. What's your major?" He asked.

"English and professional writing." She said.

"Cool. Hope to see you around, Jessica Grey." Zach winked. I resisted the urge to knock him out. Jess only nodded and she took my hand.

"Alright let me show you to your room." Zach said.

I took my stuff and walked upstairs as Beau and Jess walked behind us and chatted. Roxy is attending the college closer to home. She wasn't interested in going to university.

"Well this is where you are bunking down. I'm just next door." Zach said. Beau walked in and sat on his bed, Beau and I would be sharing a room.

"Oh this is cute." Jess smiled walking in. She sat on my bed and I began setting my stuff down.

"Alright dinner tonight is at seven. We are taking the team bus to the restaurant." He explained.

"You ready to go explore, church mouse?" I asked and she nodded standing up. She took my hand and I saw Zach watch with something in his eye. Jealousy?

"Alright, mind if Beau and I tag along? I can show you guys campus. It's my last year." He said.

"Yea sure. Let's go." I shrugged.