Prologue

"Eomma...." Tears streamed down Yoongi's small face as his mother approached him with the knife in her hands. "Eomma...what are you doing?"

Tears fell down her face but she didn't stop walking toward him, he kept backing up steadily until his back hit the wall behind him. He was trapped.

"Please Eomma, I'll be good I promise! I'll never leave the village again!"

"I'm sorry Yoongi-ah....I love you," she told him before she lifted the knife high into the air with her hands shaking...

"Eomma! No, Please!" he pleaded, he cried, he begged.

She almost wavered, he could tell. She didn't want to do this, but she had no choice.

She muttered one last time "I'm sorry, please forgive me. I love you." She closed her eyes and lifted it even higher above her head with newfound resolve.

...and brought it down.

Twelve years later

You sat in front of the mirror, your most trusted and only servant, Hae-mi by your side brushing your hair up until it was presentable and adorning it with a few trinkets and hair pins.

Today, you were finally being let out of your room. Apparently after years of not caring about you, your father had something he wished to talk about, and you were required to see him.

It had to be something important if he was willing to look at you.

But you knew there had to be a catch. Maybe he was tired of caring for you. Not that it cost him much, he had money to spare. He was a top advisor to the emperor, after all.

But you had brought him nothing. You were his most worthless child. The child of a lowly maid turned concubine. All of his other wives hated you for the threat you posed to the position of their daughters, and the daughters, your sisters, hated you due to their mother's influence.

Even your own mother only cared for you due to the fact that you raised her position slightly. But since you were a daughter and not a son, you were useless to her, and all her attention was on your elder brother, Jungkook.

"There, all done," Hae-mi told you with a small smile, but you could see that she too was tense about your father calling for you. You appreciated her concern.

Through all these years, Hae-mi had been your only friend and confidant.

"Hae-mi, if something happens to me. I want for you to take this." You pulled a small bag of gold coins from your hanbok sleeve. You had it from secretly selling your few  nice hairpins and you had actually planned to use it to escape.

But after today you no longer knew if that was an option.

"But Miss.." She tried to refuse you, but you were having none of that.

"I've told you so many times, just call me Y/n. And please take it." You cared about her, you wanted her to stay safe,

A knock at your door reminded you that you had somewhere to be. You could stall no longer.

With a soft sigh, you stood up and followed the servant that  led you to the main hall. Where your father and everyone was waiting.

His wife, Hee-Bin and her daughter Chan-ri , Concubine Gwi-in and her daughter Na-rae , Second concubine Ok-hwa and her young son Go-jong and your Mother the third concubine and your Elder brother Jungkook, the eldest son in the family.

There were even guards that you didn't recognize here. This was even more serious than you had thought, if they were here too.

Your nervousness made your palms sweaty, but you kept calm as you approached your father and bowed.