Over The Years

Over the years, Elsa kept trying to control her powers. And over the years, she failed. It seemed as if there was no answer.
Joy tried to keep things positive, but from gloves to puberty, nothing seemed to be going right.

Then one day, Elsa's parents went out at sea... and never returned.
Because of Fear, Elsa couldn't even attend her own parents' funeral.
Or answer her sister's singing.

That evening, Joy had dream duty so when Elsa fell asleep, she stayed at the console while the rest of the Emotions went to bed.

But Joy immediately realized Elsa was having another nightmare. In this one, her parents' ghosts were haunting her and the people were calling her horrible names. Witch, snow queen, sorceress, fiend, ice demon... monster.
Elsa began to stir. These dreams always made her restless. Joy couldn't take it anymore.
“I know I'm not supposed to do this, but..."
Turning a dial, she turned the dream off. But Elsa was still uncomfortable.
“I will not let another day end like this," Joy confirmed. So, she decided to show Elsa a happy memory of her ice skating with Anna.
“Don't worry, Elsa," she whispered. “I will make this right someday. You won't ever be afraid of your powers again. I promise."

For the first time in ten years, Elsa finally had a peaceful sleep.

Sorry for such a short chapter, but I will continue, I promise!