Preface

Hi everyone!

Well I'm starting this new book. i just got the idea so I wanted to start right away. Hope you guys read it and like it. :)

-Aditi

Pic of Richard Blake to the right~

This AWESOME book cover was made by this awesome person @RitiBahl :3 Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Preface

16 Years Ago

Richard's POV

"Richard! Did you hear that?" Emily said to me, with a happy twinkle in her eyes. I smiled and nodded. "Yes Emily, we are going to be the parents of two little babies."

"Oh my goodness, this is amazing! I'm so happy Richard, I love you!" she gushed out.

"I love you too," I replied, as I kissed her cheek.

I still couldn't believe it. I thought back to this morning. It had started out normal, except that Emily had been having morning sickness for a week now. Seeing her pale face, we had decided to stop by the hospital before leaving for work and once we had gotten here, after a few tests, the doctor had told us that we were going to be parents. But that wasn't the best part of it. We had been told that Emily was pregnant with twins. Emily and I were both jumping with joy at the news.

I thought back to when I had just started work. I had been married to Emily for a month at that time and we were struggling to get by as we weren't very economically sound. But with Emily by my side, I had pushed myself to work harder and do better for her. Now after 2 years, Emily and I were living a comfortable life in our new house. Now with two children on the way, I felt all the more determined to work harder to ensure that my children have access to the best of everything.

I looked at Emily and smiled. She had beautiful blue eyes and long black hair. Her lips were pulled in a smile and everything about her showed how happy she was. This was how I wanted to see her always; smiling and happy.

"What are you thinking about Richard?" she asked me.

"I'm thinking about how you're the best thing that has ever happened to me honey," I answered honestly and hugged her. She looked at me with love as her eyes filled with happy tears. She gave me a smile and hugged me tight as we walked to the car, ready to go to work.

--------******************************************************************************----------

A/N

I know this is super short but I just wanted to see how this would turn out. Next chapter will be longer! I really hope you guys read this and like it :)