Chapter 13

Dedicated to my friend from school, who has been kicking my ass for not updating sooner! 

Picture of Grace Forrester to the right-> 

VOTE, COMMENT, RECOMMEND, FAN! <3

——————————————————————————————-

"Children, I have to remind you, I won't be here for two weeks. Now, I'm taking Bryce and Stella with me, April will be going to the camp and Adam will be here until tomorrow. He will be flying out to New York on Sunday. But the rest of you will be here so behave. I talked to Ethan about it; we decided that I would leave this afternoon, so that although we spend family time for his birthday, you kids can have fun. I love you all." Robert said to us over breakfast. I had remembered hearing him say something about an international conference.

It was a special day today as Ethan had just turned 15. Everyone had given him his gifts as soon as he had woken up but I had asked him to wait until tonight. No one else except Robert knew about my gift for Ethan and I wanted to keep it that way.

I looked at this family and smiled, I was so lucky to be living with them. They were all so nice and it was amazing how caring they were. Except April. Of course, although she seemed like a nice person, she seemed to have a prejudice against me. I quickly had breakfast and helped Bryce and Stella get ready before grabbing my own bag and walking towards the door.

Adam and April had been busy packing. Adam would be leaving for college tomorrow whereas April had a class camping trip. Ethan hadn't decided whether he wanted to go yet so if Ethan didn't go, it would be Ethan, Zachary and I together in the house. 

Stepping out, I took a deep breath and walked towards the driveway. 

"Hey Megan, I'm going with Zachary today so you'll be riding with Adam okay?" I heard April tell me as she swiftly took a seat in the passenger's side of Zachary's car. Shrugging, I answered with a "Sure."

With a slight frown, Zachary apologized to me. Right then, he got a call and I let him have his privacy by walking towards Adam's car. 

"Hey Megan, change of plans. Vincent just called me and he said he had to talk to you about a project so he said he would be coming over to pick you." Zachary told me.

"Oh alright, I'll just wait here. I'll see you guys later then." I smiled and waved to the others.

"You sure you'll be okay?" Ethan asked me as I nodded yes.  With one last wave, the others left just as Vincent arrived. 

"Hey Vincent!" I gave him a cheerful smile and got in. I looked at him to find him staring at me. Embarrassed and scared that something was wrong, I asked Vincent. 

"Um, is something on my face?" 

My words seemed to get him out of his trance as he quickly shook his head and looked down. 

"Nothing is wrong Megan. You just look really nice today— Not that you don't look nice on other days!" 

I smiled. "That's such a nice thing of you to say Vincent!" He gave me a full blown smile and led me towards his car. I quickly sat in and we were on our way. 

"So since its Ethan's birthday today, I was thinking we should try getting done with the physics project this afternoon. I've got all classes after lunch free so we can work together anytime you want to after lunch." Vincent informed me. 

I nodded and we discussed a little about how we would do the project. Soon, we reached school and parked the car. As I got out, I saw Zachary in the front gate. He looked towards me and his face lit up in a smile as he made his way towards me. I smiled and walked along side of Vincent towards the school.