Chapter 4

A/N

As promised :3  I uploaded! so ive decided to leave a random question at the end of every chapter I upload so that i can see what you guys think :) The question is in the end of the chapter, please answer :D 

Hope you enjoy this chapter! 

————

I couldn't think anymore. All sounds faded and my vision started to blur with tears. Calm down Megan, take a deep breath. Mum said he is fine now. 

Taking a shaky breath, I looked up to see Eric trying to comfort me. "I'm sorry, I overreacted. Mum called, and she said that Grandpa is in the hospital but that he is fine now. I still don't know why grandpa is in the hospital though."

"Don't apologize. It's okay to be worried. We're almost at the hospital and Mrs. Blake did say that he is fine now didn't she? I'm sure everything is fine now Meg." he said patting on the small of my back.

"We're here." Eric announced. Soon, I was running through the hospital corridors with Eric following close behind trying to keep up. As soon as we reached the door to the room in which my grandpa was, I knocked softly and entered. What I saw inside calmed me down immensely. My parents were there laughing and talking to my grandpa and another man whom I could vaguely recognize. Grandpa looked healthy and it was hard to figure out what was wrong with him until I saw his right leg propped up and bandaged. 

"Meggie! Eric! It's great to see you two!" My grandpa exclaimed pleasantly. Everyone turned around and smiled at us. I gave a small wave and smile, making my way next to the bed in which grandpa was resting. 

"Grandpa, I was so scared! What happened?" I asked him holding one of his hands.

"Oh, I was just climbing down the ladder in a hurry and slipped. It's nothing big, just a minor sprain honey."

"Does it hurt?"

"No, now that you're here, I can't even feel it." he winked at me. I smiled warmly at him when mum said "Honey, I'm so sorry for scaring you. I didn't know anything except that grandpa had fallen down but I was just too stressed out so I forgot to tell you."

"It's okay mum, I understand. Did you call Sarah too?"

"Yes, in fact, she should be here any minute now."

I nodded and giving grandpa a kiss on his cheek, made my way towards my parents and the man. My dad said to me, "Megan, this is Robert McLaren. He has been my best friend since the 1st grade. You remember him don't you?" 

Robert McLaren. I knew about him. My parents would talk about him sometimes, and dad would tell us about their times together when they were little. From what my parents had told me, I knew that he was a very sweet and kind hearted person. I had met him when I had been 5 years old, so the memory was vague.

"Hello Mr. McLaren, it's a pleasure seeing you again after so long!"

"The pleasure is mine, Megan! Please, call me Robert." Robert replied in an English accent.

"Megan, Emily and I were just talking to Robert about you moving away for a temporary time. Robert has offered to let you move in with his family in Miami. They moved to Miami from London last year. Would you like to move in with them honey?" dad asked me.

"We would love to have you with us Megan. I will have everything necessary taken care of in the house. I'm leaving the day after tomorrow to return to Miami so if you want to move in, you could always come home with me." Robert said very sweetly. 

I knew Robert was daddy's longtime friend and that both mum and dad trusted him as well as his family.

"Robert, I'd love to move in with you in Miami!"