Chapter 12

Early update. Since To Be Away From You is back on the what's hot list (EEP!), I decided to update every week on fridays. Enjoy! <3 Chapter 12; Vote, Comment and FAN! <333

Pic of Zachary to the right ;D 

——————————————

"Mmm!" I stretched as I got out of bed. Quickly I changed into shorts and a sports bra, throwing my hair into a pony tail. I grabbed my iPod and tied my shoelaces, eagerly taking in a deep breath and making my way outside to do my running. It was still dark and I could hear the sound of the waves crashing in the ocean. Smiling to myself, I popped in my earphones and started jogging, losing myself in the music and the sound of waves as my feet beat against the side walk. It was only 4:30AM so the entire street was quite empty. As I reached the beach and started running on the sand, I saw a dark figure running towards my direction. Shrugging, I kept running and focused on the music. 

An hour later, I finally stopped and bent down, trying to catch my breath. I got up and stretched only to realize that someone was beside me. I turned around to see none other than Vincent, smiling at me as his chest heaved, probably trying to catch his breath. 

"Vincent! How long have you been here?" I asked, surprised.

Chuckling, he answered "Oh, not long. Just half an hour." He smirked. "Seriously though Megan, you should be more aware of your surroundings." He said seriously.

Embarrassed, I looked down and chewed on my bottom lip. He was right, what if it hadn't been him. "Sorry. I just didn't realize." I said.

"That's okay. Wanna sit down?" he smiled and sat down on the sand, close enough to the coast that the water just touched his feet. Nodding, I sat down next to him. The sound of the waves and some birds were all that could be heard. I looked down at the edge where the sky met the water to see beautiful pink rays of light glowing. The sun was about to rise. 

"What time do you get out of the house to run?" Vincent broke the silence. 

Looking at him, I answered "At 4:30, you?" 

"4:00" He grinned. I realized I had no idea where he lived.

"Where do you live Vincent?" I asked with curiosity.

"Haha, I live twenty minutes away from your place." 

"Oh, that's not too far." I smiled. Right then, I heard the sound of footsteps from behind us. I turned around to see a shirtless Zachary looking at me. I got up and smiled.

"Hey Zachary!" 

"Hey man." Vincent said.

"Hey Megan! And... Vincent." He gave me a smile but gave a look of confusion as he addressed Vincent. Reaching for my hand, he pulled me towards him and made me sit quite close next to him with him in the middle, Vincent to his left and me to his right. 

"Do you always come out here?" Zachary asked me and I nodded in response. "Me too. Maybe we could go running together?" He suggested as I answered with a "Sure, that's a great idea."

"Yeah, sounds fun." Vincent said. Zachary looked at Vincent and gave him a fist bump.

"Well, it's almost 6 now, we should get going." I announced. 

The two boys nodded as they got up. We walked together towards the street in silence and after waving goodbye to Vincent, Zachary and I started running towards home. The jog back home was a silent and comfortable one as the two of us seemed to be having an unspoken race. When we almost reached home, the two of us burst into full-fledged runs, racing towards the gate. I pushed my legs to go faster as Zachary almost won me. With a final burst of energy, I ran and reached home, smirking as Zachary came in a second later.