Chapter 2

I quickly packed my study materials and made my way to the cafeteria. Not having classes with my best friends was the worst thing that could happen to me. I didn't have anything to do once I was done with the work assigned in class so I couldn't help thinking about Sarah and what happened this morning. Although I tried not to, I felt sad and gloomy. Shaking my head, I entered the cafeteria to see the rest of my friends already there in the center table. Eric sees me and smiles waving me over. I smile back and walk towards them. As I pass by, I hear a familiar voice say my name. Instantly, I knew it was Sarah so I quickened my pace and sat in between Eric and Lisa. I really didn't want to talk to my twin because of what had happened, so instead I focused on what was going around in the table. I saw two people I had never seen before so I just gave them a warm smile and listened as they chattered away.

"So this is the famous Megan you've all heard about!" Eric said with a smile.

"Eric, shush! Hi guys, I'm Megan Blake. It's nice to meet you!" I said to everyone in the table after giving Eric a look. He just smiled and winked at me as I rolled my eyes.

"I'm Louis." A guy with sleek blond hair and blue eyes said to me.

"Nicholas." A guy with black hair said.

I smiled at all of them and they started talking again. It seemed like all of them had transferred from other schools or moved. After talking to them, I instantly decided I liked them. They were both nice and funny. Soon the bell rang and I stood up.

"Okay, I'm going to run to class now. It was great meeting you guys! See you later." I called out as I made my way towards Economics HL with Eric.

~~~~~

"Mmm," I sighed as I tasted the chocolate melting in my mouth.

Chocolate was my best friend. No matter how bad I felt, chocolate would always make me feel better and loved. School had ended a few hours ago and I had headed straight home today. After lunch, I hadn't seen Sarah at all. I was a little worried but I sighed and walked to my window seat. I rested my head on the wall and looked out to the huge backyard pool. I closed my eyes and was almost asleep when I heard the door slam and I could hear Sarah's voice downstairs, all the way from my room. She seemed to be annoyed about something so I decided to go see if I could help her with whatever it was.

"Sarah?" I called out to her making my way downstairs towards the living room. I saw her sitting in one of the couches muttering to herself as she typed away furiously on her phone.

"Sarah?" I called again only to have her grunt and continue with whatever she was doing. I knew I should give her some space but I was getting irritated by her behavior. Still, I just stood there tapping one of my feet on the floor in a fast tempo.

Tap, tap, tap, tap, my shoes tapping the floor was echoing throughout the room. Quickly Sarah gave me a glance and raised her eyebrow. I smiled at her only to see her roll her eyes and mutter something incoherent.

I slowly made my way beside her and poked her.

"Stop it Megan." Glaring, Sarah shot at me.

Taking a deep breath, I asked "Sarah, what's happening to us? We were never like this. But now, seems like you don't have any time for us. We don't even do our weekly Twin Tuesday anymore."

I saw something that looked like sadness flash in her eyes but it was gone as soon as it came. Instead, it was replaced with anger. "Megan, can't you see I'm busy? I even told you to stop bugging me but for some reason you don't understand it, do you?!" She screamed.

I just watched her shocked and I could feel my heart clench. "Sarah..." I said softly.

"What Megan? Now do I have to tell you to just leave me alone and buzz off again or can you use that smart brain of yours and leave?"

"What's going on here?" I heard my dad call as he entered the house. He was home early today which almost never happened so I didn't want to make him go through my and Sarah's argument. As I walked towards daddy, I heard Sarah say "Daddy's pet."

That really did it. I turned around and said "What do you want Sarah? I'm leaving you, so you don't have to say stuff about me!"

"Oh? I want nothing to do with you Megan. THAT'S what I want!" She shot back her voice laced with venom.

"Is that what you want?" I asked in a small voice my eyes tearing up.

"Yes, Megan, that's exactly what I want, so you can just leave me alone and not talk to me at all" she yelled back.

I couldn't hold it anymore. I quickly turned around and, as tears blurred my vision, blindly tried to go upstairs to my room. I ran straight into my father's arms while he hugged me tightly trying to calm me down. "It's okay Megan, please don't cry sweetie."

"Daddy this is so unfair, I don't want to stay here anymore. Sarah said she didn't want anything to do with me so that's what she will get. I don't want to stay here daddy.  I really don't." I sobbed.

"Honey, don't say that. Come on, let's go upstairs and talk this through with some chocolate." He said as he steered me upstairs to my parents' room.

Once I sat down, my father handed me some of my favorite Lindt white chocolate balls and sat next to me waiting for me to calm down.

"All I wanted was to help her daddy. She sounded irritated with something so I wanted to help her but she just screamed at me. And then you came and as I was coming to you, she said something and I just couldn't help myself. You heard what she said after that!" I said, sobbing again.

He pulled me into a tight hug and said "What Sarah said was very rude honey. She shouldn't have said that and it is in no way acceptable. But you shouldn't let her words hurt you so badly. Honey, Sarah is probably very irritated with something and is spilling her anger on you. Just let her be and I will talk to her about it."

Still sobbing I shook my head no. "I want to be away from here for a while daddy, can't I get admitted to a boarding school somewhere else for one semester? I know it's my senior year and things might be a bit complicated but I can finish my IB in any IB school willing to take me. My current school won't have any problem sending my reports and credits over to the new school."

He sighed, "I'll talk to your mother about this honey."

 ————————————————-

A/N

123 reads and 7 votes!! OMG :D

This chapter is dedicated to @Dreams1234ever for voting and commenting and being there for me :) She has really helped me advertise my story and given me great feedback about it :)

Gonna go now. Have a great day all you lovely people! Once again, please Vote and Comment!

-Aditi~