Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I'm lost. No really, I have no idea where I am.

Stupid man for being so beautiful and... weird!

I mean, i'm sorry, but no matter how attracted you are to a person, that is no reason to claim them as yours.

I wandered aimlessly through the forest which was thick with a mystic fog. The chill of the night air bit uncomfortably at my skin, and I tried to ignore what could possible be lurking in the shadows of the forest. The moonlight created a silver haze across the forest floor, making my sight possible. Thank god!

 An idea hit me as I whipped my phone out and unlocked the screen, dialing Josie's number.

If she didn't answer, I was going to kill her!

I was just about to press dial, when I stopped dead in my tracks. My eyes were locked with a pair of golden orbs that seemed to stand out in the darkness. There, standing about 10 feet away from me was the biggest wolf I had ever seen. It's fur was as black as midnight and its breath was puffing out of its snout in large spirals. It was beautiful.

I stayed where I was, rooted to the ground, afraid that if I moved, it would pounce.

Yes it was beautiful, but it does not mean it's safe!

Okay, don't panic Nina!

I ever-so-slowly bent down, never breaking eye contact with the incredible amber eyes staring across from me, and run my hand over the soil covered ground, feeling for some kind of weapon to protect myself with. When My fingers curled around what I thought was a stick, I suddenly knew exactly what I had to do.

My lips lifted slightly as I straightened back up to a standing position and then whispered, "Here doggy!" Maybe not the best thing to call it, but I had nothing else!

The wolf cocked its head slightly, watching me curiously and when I knew I had its attention, I dove into action.  Stepping to the side, I lobbed the stick as far as I could in the opposite direction I was in and yelled, "Fetch!"

I watched the stick as it hit the ground several feet away from me. 

Ah crap, that was not a good throw.

Still half-expecting the wolf to go for the stick, I was surprised when it started letting out a throaty bark-wheeze type noise and the side of its mouth lifted at the corners. 

... Is it, laughing at me?! 

I stared in horror at the creature and suddenly felt very self conscious in front of the animal.

Wow, just when I thought I had embarrassed myself enough for one night.

"It's not funny!" I sulked lamely to the wolf. "You're not the one who is lost in the woods wearing nothing but a dress!" I defended myself.

At that comment the wolf’s gaze switched to my body as its eyes slowly roamed over me.

Holy shit! Is this wolf checking me out?

I snapped out of my thoughts when the wolf started walking towards me slowly.

My heart pounded roughly in me chest. I’m gonna die, i’m gonna die, i’m gonna die! I took a nervous step back immediately and put my hands in front of my body in a 'back-off' gesture. 

"Don't come any closer!' I warned, as if the wolf could actually understand me. I know it sounded crazy, but half of me felt as if It knew exactly what I was saying. However, I started to doubt that idea when the wolf ignored me and continued to stalk closer, never breaking eye contact.