Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Dedicated to everyone for being so patient. ^-^

I fell to the floor on a scream, my hands hovering over Jex’s body helplessly.

Oh my god. No. Please no. This can’t be happening!

“Jex, say something!” I yelled at him but my voice broke half way through.

“Jex!” I shouted again, shaking him gently.

I heard the door bang open and someone calling my name frantically, but I ignored them keeping my attention on Jex.

Rather large hands grabbed my shoulders and I looked up to a panicked Robbie.

“Nina talk to me, what happened?!” 

My head whipped round to where Marcus had been standing before... 

He was gone.

Suddenly, my hands dropped to my sides and Jex was on his feet in front of me. 

I looked up in stupor, “Wha-”

I was cut off by a swift peck on the lips. “Werewolf, remember?” Jex said with a small smirk that was completely contrasted from the situation.

Before I could react, Jex was running out the door Marcus had escaped from with a shocked looking Robbie trailing behind. 

 Barely a minute later, I was still sitting aimlessly on the floor when Jex, Ian, Robbie and another pack member I had yet to meet came back in the room. Jex’s hair was tousled over his forehead and his shirt untucked at the front. Ian was a lot similar, except his hair was somewhat in less of a dissarray. I welcomed the flutter that spread through my stomach at Jex’s presence, and I hungered to be alone with him, but my thoughts were becoming very inappropriate for the situation. I certainly hadn’t forgotten Josie and Kyle being mates, as well as the lack of Marcus’s whereabouts. Was the party still in full swing?

Jex strolled over to me and grabbed my face in his palms. “Nina, why don’t you go back and enjoy the party?” He said, searching my eyes.

“What? No, I want to stay with you.” I almost whined pushing my body closer to his hoping he won’t push me away.

He sighed heavily and ran his hand through his hair looking frustrated.

“Please Nina, just go back to the party. You don’t need to be involved in this mess. For once just do as I ask.” He pushed me away from him and I felt my stomach drop and my cheeks burn. Ouch, that one hurt. Excuse me for not wanting to be pushed around by some controlling alpha, but didn’t he realize that I needed to be close to him right now? That after seeing him unconscious, I was scared that something was going to happen to him?

Whoa Nina. Since when did you become such a pussy? You are definitely not a clingy girlfriend that’s for sure.

Ignoring my body’s protest and the sudden lump in my throat, I headed back to the party, battling mixed feelings of hurt and rejection.

Grow a pair Nina.

As I walked back towards the double doors of the party, I was hit by a sudden wave of exhaustion and I just wanted to go to bed. I felt rude wanting to leave my own party, but after seeing Marcus and being told off by Jex, I couldn’t handle dealing with Josie and Kyle too. Walking past the party, I headed for the grand staircase instead and made my way up the stairs. 

“Not done already are you?” The gravelly voice stopped my ascent, and I turned slowly to face Brad, whom I hadn’t seen all night. Coming to think of it, I hadn’t seen him for a while and I realized I hadn’t actually spoken to Brad a whole lot... At all. His ashy blond hair was styled casually like he hadn’t done anything to it, and he wore an open white shirt with his grey tie hanging around his neck, undone. I silently envied his casual dress sense. If I was a guy, I totally would have worn that. Brad noticed my envious glance and a smile teased his lips.