Chapter 5

Chapter 5

 I peeked my eyes open and blinked several times, disorientated. The glow of dawn streamed through the open window and the sudden intrusion of light threw me completely out of focus.  My head was foggy and I could barely register my surroundings. 

But what I did register had me suddenly wide awake. 

My legs were so tangled with Jex’s, I couldn’t figure out which ones were mine and which ones were his! My head was resting in the centre of his firm chest, and I could hear his steady heartbeat thumping loudly beneath my ear. However, it seemed to beat faster than what sounded normal. Huh...

 Wherever my skin contacted his, it felt like I was on fire. His touch sent jolts through my body, and the currents between us were indescribable. Why was I having such a strong reaction to him? Surely this wasn’t normal.

 Lifting my head, I looked around the room to try and recall my surroundings, but suddenly, the whole night before came rushing back to me.

“Urgghhh,” I groaned, both embarrassed and horrified at my actions.

Did I really hide under his bed? Why am I such a creep!?

Feeling my cheeks heat up, I looked up to Jex’s face, silently hoping he was still asleep. Confirming that he was, I relaxed into his embrace, enjoying his touch while not needing to worry about being weird or creepy. Calmed by his heavy breathing, I analyzed his features in his sleep, committing each detail to memory. 

His hair flopped over his forehead and his face seemed so carefree and... young. His jaw was relaxed, a light dusting of morning stubble coating it. My body was screaming at me to just reach out and caress his face, but as my eyes started to travel down, my mouth dropped open in shock. The sheet was lifted in a tent...right there. Widening my eyes, I gasped slightly and shot my eyes straight back to his face, heat returning to my cheeks.

And to my utter horror, his lips were curved in a small smirk.

“You know, it’s rude to stare.” He spoke, his voice deep and throaty, cueing shivers to run through my body. His eyes were still closed, giving me a moment to shake myself out of my stupor.

“I- I wasn’t staring.” I stammered, untangling my legs from his, trying hard not to touch his... Thing.

And yes, the task was much more tricky than I anticipated. Especially since he wasn’t cooperating in the slightest. With several grunts of effort, my subtlety went straight out the window as I struggled to get away from him. After several seconds, I had ended up just getting us more tangled.

This is why I could never wear shoes with laces! 

Abruptly,Large hands gripped my waist, effectively halting my struggles as Jex rolled over to face me, his eyes darkened with lust. Pulling my hips against his, my mouth dropped open at the fire ignited in the pit of my stomach and my hands gripped his arms for support as his member pressed into me.

“Morning.” He whispered huskily, awakening every nerve in my body.

“Uh... M-morning,” I stuttered trying to form coherent words.

Why does he turn me into such a blubbering mess!

 Jex lowered his head into my hair and nuzzled my shoulder, breathi-

“Morning!” The door to his room suddenly flew open, violently hitting the hall with a loud bang. Jumping in surprise, I flew off the bed and landed in a pile of sheets on the floor with a thud.

Ouch.

“Oh My Gosh! Im so sorry to interrupt! I’ll uh- I’ll go-” A friendly, female voice muttered nervously.