Chapter 13

Chapter 13

(This chapter is dedicated to FallenRain01 for the amazing cover! Thankyou <3)

 Pulling up in front of the pack house, I felt the familiar tickle of nerves in the pit of my stomach. I couldn’t believe I was actually doing this. Moving in with my boyfriend-slash-mate- that I had known for less than a week! Was my dad crazy? Was I?! Why was I letting this happen!? Ugh, Although I wanted to argue (and could do easily) about how wrong this was, there was no denying how... right I felt about it. And just by looking at Jex’s smug face I knew I didn’t really want to be anywhere else. 

Wow this was an unhealthy start to a relationship. We are gonna drive each other cray-zee!

I give it two weeks before he finally gets sick of me. 

Challenge accepted.

Trying to tame my evil grin, I looked over to find Jex raising a suspicious eyebrow at me. “...What are you thinking?” He asked worriedly, his eyes narrowing.

Mwahaha. 

All I did was wink, and then kicked the door open before circling to the boot. My suitcase seemed to be bursting at the seams as I hauled it from the trunk. I grunted loud, from the weight, I mean- this was practically my whole room in that bag. As I waddled to the front steps, Jex’s warm hands covered mine and he effortlessly lifted my bag from me. I let out a relieved sigh at my now weightless self, and my heart swelled. 

“Thankyou, That’s... sweet.” I muttered sheepishly, peering at him through my lashes and turned to continue the hike up the steps.

“Im a big bad wolf... Not sweet.” he winced, his hair flopping forward and his perfect face scrunching. I tried to rein in my laughter.

“A big bad pain in my arse...” I whispered, but a laugh escaped despite my efforts.

“You know, I have heightened senses. So I can hear you.” I just rolled my eyes and nudged him with my shoulder playfully. 

What good that did me. He was like a freaking rhino-wall- thing! Teetering on my feet, I heard a faint chuckle, and suddenly I was whipped off my feet and over Jex’s shoulder. Man it was nice up here. A shocked squeal burst from me while my hands gripped his taut butt for support. 

“Hey!” I giggled, squeezing his butt to get him to put me down.

I was rewarded with a smack to the behind. Which the dark side of me really, really enjoyed. “Ow!” I yelped, and elbowed his back.

Whomp! This time he smacked me harder, which I had no idea how he was managing with my bag in his hand. 

“Will you stop?!” I gasped, watching the door get farther away as he walked into the foyer. This was it. No turning back now. 

... Not that he would let me anyway.

“Beating the mate already?” I heard, I think Brad or Kyle, call from around the corner.

“Shut up.” Jex growled, and I felt the rumble travel through his body. “But yes.” He added as he rounded yet another corridor. I briefly heard an answering laugh but focused on where it was I was going to be sleeping. The part of the house we were in was dark, so I couldn’t really tell where Jex was headed, but it was definitely up some stairs. 

Much to my disappointed, Jex eventually lowered me to the ground, but oh so deliciously slowly. Every part of our bodies touched, and I relished in each muscled contour. Our noses brushed, and our eyes locked, until I felt the hard ground beneath my feet. I had to tilt my neck in order to see his face, but his head lowered so close that we breathed the same air.