Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“No no no no no...” I stumbled backwards, my breath becoming short pants as I backed away from the man in front of me. This wasn’t possible, there’s no way...

He held his hands in front of him and started towards me warily “Nina, i’m not going to hurt you.” 

Oh my god this is a dream, just a really bad dream and when I wake up, I’ll be back in my warm bed and all thoughts of gate crashing parties and werewolves will be gone. I continued to step back, but somehow failed to see the log behind me, and I fell to the ground sprawled on the damp earth.

“No no...” I scrambled back to my feet, turned, and ran as fast as my legs would carry me back to the direction of my house. But of course, he was faster. Warm, strong hands gripped my shoulders and turned me around roughly until I was standing inches away from Jex, his eyes desperate and pleading and his brown hair a disheveled mess. He was stark naked, but I didn’t let my eyes stray from his. I felt so safe, but maybe that was why I was running. I shouldn’t feel safe when he just showed me he’s a werewolf! What is wrong with me?

“Don’t touch me” I whimpered in worry that if he touched me I would have a panic attack. I was only just about holding myself together. How typical! The first guy i’ve liked in forever and he happens to be a freaking werewolf.

But I couldn’t rid the thought that a part of me didn’t mind it. A part of me warmed to the realisation.

Oh god now I really did sound crazy! I just needed time to think, but with him so close to me my thoughts were a complete mess.

Can you take me home?” I pleaded in just above a whisper. 

“Nina, I-” 

“Please,” I cut him off and turned away from him, heading towards the direction of my house. I had only walked a few paces when I heard him come up behind me and before I could see him, my body was suddenly swept from the floor and I ended up folded over Jex’s shoulder in a fireman’s hold, my body moulding into his. I couldn’t ignore the rush of heat that spread throughout my body, my mind all too aware of his hand resting high on my thigh and the way our bodies were meshed together. It was overwhelming at what this boy did to me.

Trying my best to ignore the feelings Jex ignited in me I thrashed my fist on his back hoping to get a reaction from him. “Put me down Jex!” I ordered but all I received was silence from him, only the sound of his feet hitting the ground and his steady breathing could be heard. I hung my head in defeat and immediately became face to face with is butt. 

Okay, werewolf or not, this guy has a nice butt.

I visibly relaxed when I saw my house come in to view, and I felt relieved that Jex was taking me home, just as I asked.

Until he turned and started heading towards a black range rover. His car.

“Jex, no! Please, let me go home! I’m not getting in that car.” I demanded, struggling against his iron grip. Jex wrapped his hands around the tops of my thighs and lowered me down his body until I was face to face with him, his hands now resting on my waist causing electricity to fill my blood and from the look in Jex’s eyes, I knew he was having the exact same feelings as me.

“Nina, you are coming home with me. So we are either going to do this the easy way, or the hard way.” His voice sent chills through me that I barely managed to disguise. Looking over his shoulder, I stared at the front door as if trying to get myself there with me eyes, and when I saw it wasn’t happening, I dodged to the side and sprinted towards the house.