Chapter 8

Chapter 8

This is the third time I have been in his room and each reason of my being is crazier than the last. This particular reason being that Jex is a werewolf. A. Werewolf.

Josie was definitely right in saying there was something strange about this family. What would she do if she was in my position? That’s right, Nina. Think like Josie. 

My eyes jumped to the window mischievously as a plan formed in the back of my mind. Well it wasn’t so much a plan as it was an escape idea. I just needed to wait until Jex came to check on me, and then I can open the window and climb out. 

Simple.

 My eyes burned into the door, until suddenly a light flared from under the crack. Heavy footsteps slowly approached and my muscles tensed in anticipation. Already I knew it was Jex. I didn’t know how, but the familiar flutter in my stomach gave me a clear hint. The footsteps creaked to a stop outside of the door and I held my breath, waiting for the door to open.

Still waiting...

... Still waiting...

Okay, what is he doing, trying to listen for something? I know he’s there because I can see a shado-

“Dude, you told her?!” Whisper-yelled a voice I knew from somewhere.

What?

“I had no choice, she’s mine and the sooner she knows, the sooner I can have my mate in every way possible.” 

Mate? What is this mate thing everyone keeps going on about?

“I’m just saying man, don’t you think it’s a bit... soon?” Replied the voice.

“I couldn’t help it!” Jex’s voice sounded desperate and my heart broke at his despair. Whoever this ‘mate’ person was should seriously cut him a break! 

“Is Nina in your room?” 

Wait... i’m the mate? ...Oh that makes sense.

“Yeah. There’s no way i’m gonna be away from her for much longer. I just need to explain some things to the pack.” Jex replied and I heard a set of footsteps fade away along with one of the shadows by the door.  I thought it might have been Jex who left, but then suddenly the door swung open, revealing Jex in all his sexy, God-like glory. Hair disheveled, tight clothes and bulging muscles.

Drool.

Despite my need to marvel at his beauty, I also needed to pretend to be asleep so I could get out of here, so I quickly snapped my eyes shut and tried to slow my heart rate down in order to fake deep breaths.

I don’t know how long I stayed like that, but I could sense Jex still standing there and I wasn’t going to risk checking, so I just waited and waited, until finally the creak of the door pulled shut, and I breathed out a sigh of relief. And sorrow. This need for him is seriously unhealthy, what is wrong with me?

Kicking the covers off of the bed, I bounced out, straightened out my blue dress (Woah de ja vu) and tiptoed to the window. A laugh escaped my lips. I was so close to freedom, and although part of me definitely didn’t want to leave, that crazy thinking is what persuaded me to actually escape. 

 Pushing the window open, I pried the handle and let the chill of the night air incase my body. I looked down at the ground nervously, feeling nerves sneaking through me. 

Man that looks high. Ok Nina, breathe.

I turned around slowly and lay on the floor, my legs dangling out the window. I’m sure my underwear was on display, but I couldn’t pull my dress down. I just hoped no one was below. Kicking my legs, I slid down slowly until my feet landed on the ledge of the wall. Ok halfway there Nina!