Chapter 5: Cricket

• • •

With that 24/7 duty requirement, Camila Cabello disguised as Camila 'The Bodyguard' Cabregui patiently watched over Lauren Jauregui while the young heiress went for a run around the subdivision, ate her breakfast, then waited in the bedroom as she took a shower and up until she decided she's prepared for the day ahead. But it wasn't enough that she had to work as the bodyguard, Lauren demanded that she should be her personal driver as well so that when they made their way to the Phoenix Day Care Center for a scheduled book reading, she talked endlessly knowing so well it's going to get into Camila's nerves. Much to the brunette's dismay, she had nothing to do about it.

"Don't you have any other clothes?" Lauren asked as she sat at the back of the car, eyeing yet another full black attire of her bodyguard-slash-driver.

Camila simply looked back at her through the rear view mirror as a response.

At least she didn't ignore me, the heiress thought before throwing in another question.

"So what made you apply for the job?"

Again, the other answered by peeking through the rear view mirror.

"Hey! I thought we already established that I'm the boss here!" complained by Lauren, "You're being unfair, Cabregui."

"Just answer her already," Dinah Jane orders.

So Camila let out a deep sigh and replied to her new boss, "I need this job."

"Please. I own a Range Rover, your car is an Aston Martin!" the other exclaimed. "Why would you need a job like this if you could afford such a luxury?"

"I don't own the car," Camila lied. In fact, it was the only possession she had aside from her pocket knife, a small flashlight, cigarette packs and lighters, and some sets of clothes which were frankly similar to each other - the usual black leather jackets, black shirts, black pants, and that black boots.

"You intentionally wrecked its audio system and you don't own it?"

"I just said I don't own it, right?"

"Well, did you steal it or something? 'Cause that's something you're undoubtedly capable of doing."

Camila took another quick glance through the rear view mirror, this time a death glare was affixed on her eyes as the Lauren sported that annoyingly wicked grin.

"If she knew you're also capable of killing people, I'm pretty sure she'll shut her shit by now."

Lauren opened her mouth to speak again but was immediately cut off by the driver hurriedly changing the gear then stepping hard on the accelerator causing the car to abruptly run in full speed. She fearfully held on to anything she could and screamed.

"Slow down! You'll go past the speed limit!"

But frankly, the bodyguard-slash-chauffeur didn't care at all. She was going for it and the other had no other choice but to enjoy the ride and pray to all souls and saints that they make it to the Day Care alive.

"Hello! whispered a praying mantis, scraping its huge front legs together.
The little cricket wanted to answer, so he rubbed his wings together.
But nothing happened. Not a sound."

It was definitely a piece of cake for someone as blithe as Lauren Jauregui to turn one of the most boring children's book into something interesting and entertaining for the toddlers and surprisingly, even for Camila Cabello who mindfully stood behind the story teller. She would never admit it, but somehow she found herself liking the book reading session and was secretly amused by the look of interest on the faces of the children.