Chapter 6: Enemy

• • •

Camila quietly kept a watchful eye on Lauren as she patiently sat in front of a vanity mirror while an entire crew of makeup artists and stylists gave her a retouch for the remaining leg of the photo shoot. She would be appearing on the cover page of this popular fashion magazine, the name of which was deliberately forgotten by the brunette. She spotted Alexa, Lauren's executive assistant, seated on the couch and so decided to take this opportunity to take a break from her undercover job as the bodyguard for some alone time with her cigarettes. Her boss who strictly disapproved this habit didn't have to know, so she swiftly found a silent exit out of the dressing room to search for some smoking area in the building. To her dismay, the only available place was the restroom. Nevertheless, she quickly lit a stick as she listened to Dinah through her earpiece.

"We need you to get out of your comfort zone, Mila. Try talking to Lauren, she might know something about the treasure."

"What if she doesn't?"

"Just try and talk to her. You never know, she might give us some clue."

"Why would she tell me such a thing?"

"Face it, Cabello. Whether you like it or not, she likes you."

And they both stopped. Fortunately for Dinah, she was out of reach to the brunette or she should have been dead. What she didn't know was that Camila didn't wear the devilish glare she was supposed to be sporting on her face. Instead, she simply froze in place as her mind went black in an instant. Even so, Dinah snappily tried to fix what was supposedly a damage.

"I-I mean… she's fond of you… you know. God, you are nothing but rude to her, Mila! She's your boss but you're giving her the fucking attitude. If I were her, I would have fired you already."

"She did fire me."

"And then she took you back. How sweet, isn't it?"

Coming back to her old normal self, the brunette let out an infuriated grunt while her Polynesian partner went on and on to tease her. Afterwards, she was trying to form a shape out of the smokes coming from her mouth when a cubicle door slammed open.

"What the hell is that smell!"

Camila coolly looked through the mirror to find Normani Kordei standing right behind her. Seeing that the girl was already furious enough at her, she inhaled on the stick then carelessly exhaled more smoke out of her mouth filling the room with its odor.

"What the hell are you doing?" the young heiress barked at her as she frantically search for a perfume in her shoulder bag, but instead of giving out an answer, the brunette simply stared back at her. "This is a restroom, Cabregui. This is not some kind of a smoking area."

"Same thing," mumbled the bodyguard.
Normani chose to ignore such comment and proceeded with spraying perfume everywhere as if there was a fire and the perfume was a fire extinguisher. She took some pieces of tissue and snatched the cigarette stick from her, extinguished it, and disposed it much to the brunette's displeasure. Hence, Camila wrathfully watched her undesired companion resume with filling the room with that sweet scent. She hated it. Consequently, she hated everything about this girl.

"Still smells like shit," Normani sniffed the air around her. She glanced at her only companion, and sprayed some sweet scent all over her, ending with a big successful grin she displayed across her face. "There. Much much better, right?"