Chapter 8: Friends

Camila silently stood at her feet while her green-eyed boss, newly-arrived from her trip to Las Vegas during the weekend, unpacked her things on the bed. It was already uncomfortable enough that she was simply standing there doing nothing when she should be out there in the hallway guarding her post, but for some inexplicable reason, the young heiress had asked her to stay. In fact, it was the first thing Lauren had told her since she got back from the so-called vacation. So really, Camila had no other choice but to watch over Lauren who was oddly cheerful by the way. It was rather odd because she remembered the look on Lauren's face at the airport before the couple left for Vegas. She could never forget the gloom in those eyes, those eyes that haunt her every time she closed hers at night. Then, suddenly, Lauren Jauregui was back and glowing once again.

Well, the most rational explanation for it as Camila figured would be Brad's unusual sense of amorousness towards his lady love. Before parting ways at the airport earlier, in the presence of the rich and powerful Mike Jauregui, Brody or whatever his name planted a sweet goodbye kiss on Lauren's pinkish lips followed by one long embrace. It was too unusual that the element of shock was too evident even on his girlfriend's face. Her father didn't notice, but her official bodyguard did. She did notice because Camila had been attentively watching everything about Lauren.

"Lastly," Lauren popped the bubble of thoughts as she stood from the bed then turned towards her bodyguard, enthusiastically smiling at her. "Of course, I have something for you, too."

"Aww, that's so sweet." Dinah commented through the hidden earpiece on Camila.

But the brunette bodyguard didn't show any sign of gratitude, appreciation, or surprise at all. She simply fixed her eyes on the grinning heiress.

"It's not much," Lauren said as a matter of fact, looking into her personal luggage for the gift she neatly placed inside just before leaving the elegant Bellagio hotel. "I didn't know what you would like, so I just decided to get you a shirt... okay, here it is... but close your eyes first."

Camila didn't make a move, and so her boss immediately shot her a look.

"Come on, Camila, just close your eyes."

"Close your eyes!" Dinah told her too.

Left with no other choice, Camila took a deep breath and closed her eyes as instructed. For a moment, without the knowledge of her bodyguard, Lauren let herself smile at this very unusual sight of Camila Cabregui - the sight of this naturally uncanny person who was suddenly at peace, vulnerable, and innocent. She could just stare at her all day in all honesty, but she knew that this unplanned moment needed to end anyway, so she picked up that shirt and proudly held it up.

"You can open your eyes now."

"Is it cool? Is it cool? Say something. Say something, Camila!"

Camila opened her eyes and found herself gawking at the shirt in its full front view. It was very simple, actually. It only had the usual Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada design on display, but what made the brunette really peeved out was the color of the shirt. It was undoubtedly color yellow - the brightest kind she had ever imagined.

"What the fuck is that?"

"This," Lauren smirked at the shirt she was holding, "is what normal people call 'yellow', Camz."

Suddenly, Dinah erupted into a fit of laughter.

"She got you a yellow shirt? Oh we definitely need to take a picture of you wearing that."

"I'm not going to wear that," the brunette quickly indicated making her green eyed girled boss groan in complete frustration.

"Camila, come on. Would you put some color into your boring and despicable black world? I seriously think it's going to look good on you."