Chapter 7: Invader

• • •

While Niall stood in front of his teammates as he made a recap of their progress, Dinah pensively watched Stan consume this cup of yogurt; strawberry flavor, by the way. For some reason, she found it sexy the way this demi-god (there's no other way to explain his royal hotness) would dig the spoon into the cup then sexily put the food into his mouth. So when a small amount of it drip onto his plain white shirt and he deliberately took it off then threw it somewhere on the floor revealing his sculpted body, Dinah could simply lick her lips in delight. All three were so engrossed into their own sphere of life that nobody noticed that the last member of their team was too quiet than her normal self.

"So far this is what we've got," Niall showed what was on display on a portable whiteboard beside him. "A stolen treasure, a dead Harry, an extremely secured Mike Jauregui, a top-secret and highly protected vault, and a very puzzling note left for us... not so much resources, actually."

He turned towards the rest of the team for feedbacks and the only one completely on the same page with him was Stan Cabello.

"I think this blonde bombshell right here has an addition to that too," he smirked towards the direction of the Polynesian chick drooling over him. "You have the password to Lauren's room, right?"

Dinah frantically searched for a piece of paper on the table where she had written the said password. When she found it, she immediately passed it to Horan who wrote the additional information on the whiteboard.

"9-9-2-1-4," Niall read the password aloud then sighed. "We have to unlock something out of this. This has to mean something... or else, it's a dead end street for all of us."

"Kiddo, what do you think about this?" Stan remembered the presence of his sister and so turned to look at her way. However, Camila's mind was lost in space that she offered no response, not even a blank stare or a quick glance. So, Stan decided to throw his then empty cup of yogurt at her to catch her attention. "Camila!"

True enough, the tigress was suddenly awakened. She shifted her eyes from the distant place she was previously staring at to her brother with the right amount of dirty look. Stan knew in an instant that there was something unusual with his sister. Camila Cabello was never the person to be preoccupied with the unknown.

"So do you have anything to say with this?" Niall shot her a look.

And the usual blank expression was back on her face as she looked back at him. "Why don't we just kill him? Let's kill Mike Jauregui."

"And that would do us what?"

"I don't know," Camila shrugged. "But that's what the note says. We'll have to kill him first. Maybe it would open us to some kind of another vault or... maybe he stuffed the treasure into his body that we'll have to dig it out of him... I don't know, dude. You're the intelligent one here, you tell me."

"Don't be ridiculous, Mila," the guy snorted.

Stan shook his head, "As much fun as that sounds, killing him would only bring us to a real dead end. We've already lost Harry. Mike Jauregui is probably the only person left alive who can tell us where the treasure is."

"Then what does the note mean?" Dinah asked, finally concentrating on the meeting.

"What if it doesn't mean anything?" Camila muttered.

"It has to mean something!" Niall exclaimed. "Jauregui knows we are after the treasure. He knows The Society will do whatever it takes to get it. He put that note for us to see. It was intended for us."

"Okay, but for what kind of intention?" the brunette questioned again. "Yeah, he knows we're after it. Well, this is not some sort of a friendly treasure hunting, Horan, wherein the clues are intended to show us the right path. Mike Jauregui doesn't want us to find the treasure in the first place."