Chapter 18: Phoenix

• • •

Camila Cabello rushed to the door after the first few knocks. If there was one lesson she learned from living in the common quarters with bunches of annoying people, it's the fact that the more you try to ignore the knocking the more they would keep on coming. So if she really wanted to go to sleep peacefully for the night, Camila had to open the door as soon as possible and just get it over with. This better not be Dinah though.

"Hi."

Camila was caught up in a mixture of surprise and confusion at the sight of Ariana unexpectedly showing up at her bedroom door in the middle of the night. Judging by her attire - tight dark-colored blouse and black leggings - she wasn't anywhere near her own room before coming over. But what was more puzzling about it was the absence of a flirty smile which she usually wore on her lips. Instead, she appeared to be modest that she almost resembled Lauren Jauregui.

"Ariana," Camila breathed out in recognition. It seemed to be the proper way to start a nice conversation. The last thing she needed at this hour was a continuation of the drama they left off the last time.

Unluckily, it didn't help that the other woman simply flashed a quick shy smile and shrugged her shoulders in response.

"W-What can I do for you?" she needed to ask suddenly because she wasn't sure anymore whether or not her guest was actually there for another round of their silly little dirty arrangement. Otherwise, they would have already trashed the place at this point.

"I..." Ariana chewed on her lip while she played with her fingers nervously, an ever rare scene in the world. "I-I was wondering... if I could sleep in here tonight."

Truth was Camila wasn't really in the mood for a fuck at the moment; maybe not even ever because it just felt like cheating on Lauren, and it only felt most terribly wrong. The fact that she didn't make any reaction at all gave away the hint without meaning to. Reading the expression displayed on her face, the unexpected guest hurriedly shook her head to dismiss the malicious idea.

"No sex. We don't have to do it tonight. I didn't come here for that. I just want to sleep in here... with you."

That didn't make any sense, and so the other furrowed her eyebrows in further confusion.

"I know I'm not even supposed to be here at this time," Ariana admitted. "You are the Head Phoenix now, and nobody should be barging into your door unwarranted like this. But if you let me, I would like to lie down next to you on your bed - fully clothed - and then sleep next to you until the morning comes. You don't even have to touch me... or talk to me. Just let me stay next to you, Camila."

Processing the entire request in her head, Camila glued her eyes on the woman standing hopefully before her. Call her dense, but was it another move from Ariana to win her affection? Wasn't it clear already that it's never going to happen? Just why did she have to continue hurting herself like this? But maybe Camila had become too soft than her usual self because seconds after, she was nodding her head in approval. She willingly let her guest in, closed the door behind her, and stood unnervingly in place.

"Uh..." Camila started scratching the back of her head unsure of what to say. "Y-You can... pick something out of my clothes that you can change into if you want. I think you'll... feel more c-comfortable sleeping in."

Treating it as a command from her superior, Ariana gladly walked to the closet to grab some clothes she could wear for the night. She stripped off her own immediately, and the quiet cricket couldn't help but to admire the curves of her body. She loved Lauren, no doubt about that, but we have to admit that Ariana was really sexy. Thankfully, the guest had finally covered her exposed skin with Camila's loose black shirt and a pair of shorts.