Chapter 12: Heartbreaker

• • •

Lauren Jauregui looked anxious, sad, doubtful, and afraid all at the same time, and there was no doubt that the single phone call from an unknown caller made her feel that way. Because she didn't want to bother her boss anymore and Dinah won't tell her, Camila Cabregui had no idea what was going on except from the fact that something terrible had happened, was happening, or would happen. Whatever the verb tense would be, Camila knew Lauren needed her so badly, so she stayed close to her even though the uneasy and too quiet elevator ride was killing her already.

The elevator door slowly opened when they finally reached the 17th floor. Lauren dragged herself out with her bodyguard following closely. The young heiress strolled at the hallway occasionally turning her head from one side to the other as if searching for a particular door, a particular room. Then, at the end of the hallway, at the last door, she finally stopped. Camila stood right behind her as they both stared at the room number displayed on the wooden door.

"I'm ready to open. Just give me the signal."

Lauren raised her trembling fist up supposedly to knock, but ended up dropping it back to her side. Camila figured such gesture meant that the green eyed girl's presence in this room was uninvited. But the young heiress seemed to be too desperate to enter the premises, so the bodyguard walked past her towards the door and held on the knob.

"Open," Camila muttered - secretly ordered Dinah to be exact - and so after a few more seconds, the installed security device lighted green signifying that the door was then unlocked.

Never mind that for someone who didn't have any card key on hand at that particular moment, the act should have been too suspicious; Lauren simply stood in place. So to give her a little drive, Camila pushed the door open as soundless as possible to let her boss in. Hesitant at first, Lauren eventually started to walk, dragging herself further inside the room, her entire body shaking, bracing for the worst thing to happen.

"Good luck."

Camila heard Dinah's warning and furthermore wondered why. Nevertheless, she alertly trailed behind the young heiress anticipating a sudden attack from an enemy, hence quite prepared to pull her knife out from her breast pocket any moment. But just as they got closer and closer to where the bed should be, loud moans and groans along with some heavy breathing became more evident to her hearing sense. It was then that she had finally put a picture on what was terribly happening.

She quickly ran after Lauren, to stand to block her way before she could pass by the wall which was frankly the only barrier keeping the 'terrible thing' from their sight; to prevent her from the worst of the worst ways to get your heart broken, but Camila Cabregui was too late. Lauren was already standing at the foot of the bed where her so-called fiancé was banging the hell out of this slutty looking blonde.

"Fuck you."

Really, it was so amazing how Lauren had still managed to utter something without stammering and in the most fearsome voice that Camila had ever heard from her despite of the thunderous sound of her heart shattering into thousand pieces.

Brad and no-one-cares-what-her-name-is instantly stopped and turned their heads to witness the presence of the two unsolicited guests in the room. The guy franticly picked up the discarded shirt on the floor and used it to cover himself.

"I can explain."

He started walking towards his most-likely-soon-to-be-ex-fiancé, but Lauren had already turned away and headed out. No, she's not going to give him the pleasure of seeing her hurt and miserable.