Chapter Two

When i woke up it was 2:00 am. Ugh, i get up. I walk to the kitchen for a snack. When i head back to the couch, Jeff is sitting there. I turn back to the kitchen, he didn't notice me, thank God. I'm scared out of my mind! How did he get in here?! Everything was locked! I calmly walk back to the couch. He looks up at me.

" uh what are you doing here?" i say trying to hide all the quivers in my voice.

" because i wanted to, do you have a problem with that?"

" No just a little unnerving." i am freaking out mentally but keeping my body calm.

" good," he looks down and messes with his fingers " ill be going"

" ok , come back if you want." i dont know why i said that i just did. Before he leaves, he picks up a picture of my little sister.

" who is this?" he asks, my heart hurts

" my little sister, she was 14, she was murdered last year." I look down at the ground, i miss her a lot, she died so young

" sorry i asked." he left out the back door. I questioned myself a lot. How did he get in? Probably the back door. I walk up to my room and go to bed. The next morning, i get up and go down stairs and turn on the tv, the news again reported a girl killed. Just one girl, Jeff. I got off my butt and went out on my porch. It was cloudy today, it might rain. Oh well i go for a walk, it was awhile before i got back. When i did, went up stairs to the bathroom and did my makeup, then i brushed out my hair and straitened it. I grabbed my wallet and went to the Barry family, i was babysitting for them today. Their house was like 6 miles away from mine but i didn't care, i didn't have enough money or gas to drive there. When i got there, the parents told me they would be gone until 9:00- ish . Oh well tomorrow was My sisters birthday, in which my parents were going to keep me home to celebrate her birthday and mourn her death. Mr. And Mrs. Barry got home and i was aloud to leave. Im half way home when someone grabs my shoulder, i thought it was Emily or Jeff. I turn around to see Luke, my ex-boyfriend and his little gang of people who treated him like a god.

" hey i havent seen you in awhile babe." he said grabbing my waist, ugh I hated him so much

" let go of me you ass hole!" I try to force myself free, i was too weak. He started kissing me so i kick him in the balls. He doesnt scream he just flinches.

" that was a bad mistake" he said as his group of friends surround me with bats a-and knifes. One guy uses his bat to trip me, another comes over and slashes my arm. I scream, then one guy hits my stomach, i cough up blood, another slices my leg. Then one guy hits my head really hard. The last thing i saw was one guy fall to the ground. When i woke up, i was in my room, my arm, leg, stomach, and head hurt. My head tilts to the side i see Jeff. He hasn't noticed i was awake yet.

" ugh, what are you doing here?" i get up slightly

" last night i herd you scream, so i came and you were passed out on the ground, so i brought you here and patched you up."

" thank you, my parents home?"

" no its only two, you should go to sleep." i was a little frightened at what he said but i did so.

When i wake up again i go down stairs to see my mom and dad on the couch.

" hey mom, dad." they look at me my mom runs to my side.

" what happened!?" she asks worried sick.

" oh, some guy on the street beat me up, my friend stoped them, my friend brought me back here and patched me up." she had a lot of consern on her face

" well we are lucky that your friend found you."

"yea." i walk to the kitchen im starved, i just grab some left over salad. I go up stairs and go over to my desk and grab my laptop. I lie down in bed and watch a movie. Its only 1:00 pm when i finish, i start thinking about Jeff. My emotions were so mixed for him, did i like him, was i scared of him, did i consider him a friend? I didn't know anymore.