Great! More Secrets

Percy's POV

After the eventful night, I actually got a good night sleep. Something big must be coming for the Fates to actually care about my sleeping pattern. But, you know what they say, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"! He might demand donuts.

When I got up and stretched, I unconsciously spread my wings, reminding me that I need to be extra careful now, thanks to a certain ancient all powerful being who decided it would be fun to give me wings. Although, I have to say, they do look cool. Which begs the question. Where do they go when I close them?

Now completely curious, I stood up and went to the only full length mirror in the cabin, then stood in front of it and FINALLY got a chance to look at myself since all the crazy that happened yesterday. Great, now I sound like a son of Aphrodite who can't stand not being able to see themselves.

Standing at full height, I was now about a quarter inch taller and, with my wings spread, I looked incredibly powerful and leaderly. Is leaderly even a word? I think it is, but I could be wrong.

Curse my ADHD...

I was amazed at how much control I had over my new wings. I mean, I just got them last night, after all!

I closed them half way and turned so I could see my back in the mirror, noting that there wasn't any tares in my shirt. I closed my wings all the way and gasped slightly. When they disappeared, my once plain grey shirt suddenly had black closed wing designs. When I opened my wings back up, the designs shimmered and turned into my wings.

While I'm at it, what happens to my wings when I take my shirt off? I thought. So off came my shirt. I checked it over and there were no signs of the wing designs. Turning back around, my wings now looked like they were elaborate tattoos on my back. Great, now mom's REALLY going to kill me, I thought sadly, remembering the SPQR on my forearm that almost gave my mom a heart attack.

"Okay, I guess that wasn't a dream," came Orion's panicked voice from behind me.

I turned my head to face him. He looked awful. His face was pale, he had bags under his eyes, and his hair was sticking up all over the place.

"You okay?" I asked as I pulled a camp shirt on.

"Yes? No? Maybe? I don't know! Yesterday I found out I have a twin brother who's King of the Gods and just last night grew wings right before my eyes! And while I've seen some pretty strange things, you sprouting wings takes the cake. The people who raised me aren't my birth parents, of my real parents, one of them is the Greek god of the seas, and I'm technically the cousin of Tony Stark, aka freaking Iron Man! So no, I'm probably not okay!"

Well, he just exploded.

"Woah, calm down man. I get it's a lot to take in, but if it helps, mom and Paul are going to go see what they can do to get your... I don't even know what to call them, so... Parents it is. Mom and Paul are going to see what they can do to get your parents out of custody as soon as possible," I told him.

He just nodded.

"Percy? Orion?" Mom's voice suddenly called out. I quickly made my way over to the saltwater fountain that dad repaired while I was missing for five months.

"Hey mom, how'd you manage an Iris message?" I asked my mom.

She shrugged. "Spray bottle. Listen, Paul and I are about to head out, would you like us to come pick you two up on the way? I figured if we are able to secure a visit with the Smith's, Orion would like to come."

I looked back at Orion. While his face was slowly starting to regain it's normal tan coloring, he was still having a hard time coping with all the crazy that's been happening in his life lately. Turning back to the Iris message, I nodded. "Yeah, I think that'd be a good idea. Orion is on the verge of having a melt down. I think it's mainly because he's tired and didn't get any quality sleep, but getting him away from all the mythology at camp and back into normal civilization might help him calm down."