Chapter 8

Ginny giggled, “Let’s play truth or dare!”

“That game always turns out the same, no one picks dare!” Lavender complained.

Hermione chucked a pillow at her, “lighten up Lav, I think it’ll be fun,” she said.

 Lavender hit her with the pillow. The two girls looked as if they were about to have a very intense pillow fight but Ginny said, “I’ll go first!”

 “Hermione, truth or dare?” she asked.

“Um... truth,” Hermione answered, staying on the safe side as usual.

Ginny grinned, “do you like Ron?”

Hermione blushed and said, “Well yes, he’s a very good friend.”

“Do you like him as more than friends though?” Ginny asked, raising an eyebrow.

“You can only ask one question per turn!” Hermione exclaimed, still bright red.

Ginny frowned but didn’t argue and Hermione said, “Luna, truth or dare?”

Luna thought about it for a moment before saying, “truth.”

“What’s your biggest secret?” Hermione asked, getting right to the point.

Luna flushed, she hadn’t told anyone about her mom but that wasn’t really a secret, she just didn’t bring it up. The only secret she could think of was that she sometimes talked to Draco. She couldn’t tell them that though...

“Luna?” Ginny said, “You have to answer!”

“Um.... Maybe we should do something else,” she said nervously.

The girls all shook their heads, “you have to tell!” Hermione giggled.

“...I’ll tell you two but not them,” Luna whispered to Hermione.

Lavender pouted, “why not us?”

“I wonder why Lav,” Ginny said sarcastically, “it’s not like you’d tell anyone...”

Hermione grabbed Luna and Ginny’s arms and pulled them over to a corner of the room where the other girls wouldn’t hear them, “now spill.”

Luna blushed again, “...sometimes I talk to Dra- Malfoy,”

Both the girls gawked at her.

“Were you about to say...Draco?” Hermione asked.

Luna shrugged and Ginny made a strangled sound, “tell all,” she said.

Luna told them about her and Draco’s conversations, leaving out all of the parts that seemed too... flirty. She scolded herself for thinking that word in the same sentence as Draco’s name.  

“Luna, you should stay away from him,” Hermione warned.

Ginny nodded in agreement but Luna just stayed quiet. She didn’t want to stay away from Draco; she liked spending time with him. She thought about their meeting tonight, and she knew she couldn’t avoid him; she wouldn’t go looking for him but she wouldn’t avoid him either. The girls were still looking at her expectantly so she just nodded with her fingers crossed behind her back. They smiled and returned to the rest of the girls. The rest of the night went by smoothly and was a lot of fun; the most fun Luna had had in a while.

The next few days went by without a hitch. Luna didn’t see Draco and Hermione didn’t tell the boys about her confession she made at the sleepover. Other than the constant whispers and stares, things were starting to seem normal again; well as normal as you can get with Luna. A few weeks later, Luna was walking through the corridors with Ginny and Neville when Draco suddenly approached them.

“Hello Loony,” he said mockingly with an easygoing smirk on his face.

“What do you want Malfoy?” Ginny questioned.

“Oh nothing, just saying hello,” he said with a glint in his eye. He started to walk away but stopped beside Luna and whispered, “Can’t wait for that prank!”

Luna’s eyes widened. She’d almost forgotten about the prank but she knew now that it was going to happen soon.

The next morning, Luna got up groggily and looked in the mirror to brush her hair. She screamed. Looking back at her was the same Luna she knew but with green hair. Her scream woke the other girls in her dorm and half of them acted sympathetic, the other half just laughed. Luna was scared to leave her room and was wondering who would do something like this to her. Then she remembered Draco’s threat the other day in the corridor. She was so going to get him back and it was not going to be pretty!

Draco sat in his dormitory, feeling a little guilty. The green dye wasn’t permanent but it would last for a few weeks at least. To execute this prank Draco had needed to ask Pansy Parkinson to sneak into the Ravenclaw girl’s dorm. It had taken a while to figure out the password and convince Pansy to do it but eventually he’d managed to get the dye into Luna’s shampoo. It was a good plan and now all he had to do was make sure everyone knew he was the one that did it.

He walked down to the Great Hall for breakfast and saw Luna with green hair. He felt kind of bad but pretended he wasn’t, keeping a smirk on his face. To his surprise, Luna smirked back. It threw him off a little but he tried his best to stay focused on the task at hand; making sure his prank was well known.

Luna walked over to the Slytherin table, ignoring the stares and whispers. She was also ignoring the squirming hamster in the pocket of her robe.

“You know, dye in the shampoo isn’t very original,” she said, sitting next to him.

He raised an eyebrow, “what are you doing here?”

“Oh nothing... just saying hello,” she quoted him with a smirk. She started to trace small circles with her finger on his arm. He glanced at her and she started moving her hand lower. She played with his pant line for a minute before carefully tugging at it. Draco’s breath caught and she smiled, glad he didn’t expect what she had in mind. She quickly tugged the hamster from her pocket and dropped it into Draco’s pants. Then she smiled sweetly at him and skipped back over to the Ravenclaw table.

Draco watched her confused before he felt the tickling of the little hamster’s paws. He gave a rather girly squeal and jumped up from the table jumping around, trying to shake the hamster out. Luna smiled satisfactorily, watching Draco do a weird dance while letting out random girly squeaks.  His face was bright red, he obviously knew he was embarrassing himself but cared more about getting rid of the hamster crawling around his pants then about his dignity at the moment. Everyone in the Great Hall was either gawking at him or laughing at him; the majority was laughing. The hamster crawled into his pant leg and he started trying to shake it out. Someone whistled and he blushed even more. Luna felt a little bad for doing that to him... he would be made fun of for this longer than she would be made fun of for her hair.

Finally, Draco managed to get the hamster out of his pants and it scurried away. He stormed from the Great Hall, giving Luna an evil glare before departing. Suddenly, she was kind of scared of what Draco would do. Luna knew he would get her back and she knew it would be ten times worse than what she did.