Chapter 28

Chapter 28

“You what?!” Ashley exclaimed when Luna told her the news.

“I broke up with him...”

“Why?!”

Luna just shrugged. She knew Draco wouldn’t appreciate it if she told Ashley about his uncertainties and didn’t want to hurt him anymore than she already had.

“Come with me,” Ashley declared, tugging Luna’s sleeve.

Luna followed her into the girl’s dormitory and over to Ashley’s closet, “What are we doing Ash?” Luna questioned warily.

“Sit,” Ashley commanded, looking through her closet.

Luna sat, cocking an eyebrow. Ashley emerged, holding a small container of chocolate ice cream and two spoons.

“Where-?” Luna trailed off as Ashley revealed the small mini fridge hidden in her closet.

“Just for emergencies,” She beamed and flopped onto the bed next to Luna. Apparently, Ashley deemed this an emergency and popped open the container.

“Ashley... what are you doing?”

“I have a saying: Girl’s who have crushes have dreams, girl’s who have boyfriends have love, and girl’s who have ex’s have ice cream.”

Luna couldn’t help but laugh a little at her logic and didn’t hesitate to dig into the chocolate treat.

“What’s wrong Draco?” Blaise asked for about the millionth time.

“Nothing is wrong!”

“There’s obviously something wrong...”

“Shut up Blaise! I’m busy...” Draco said, his patience running thin. He concentrated again on the instructions to the stupid little gadget he’d bought.

“What is that anyways?” Blaise asked him, standing up and stretching. They had been sitting under the tree by the lake for around an hour now trying to get Draco’s contraption to work.

Draco shrugged and focused again on the little camera-like device in his hands. If he got the instructions right (which hopefully he would) it would clearly define his feelings. Then, he’d be able to tell Luna once in for all that he was sure of his love for her.

“Draco, can’t we do something else for a while?” Blaise whined.

“No!” Draco snapped, irritated. A few first years walked by, muttering something about a slytherin getting dumped. Draco didn’t hesitate to send curse after curse their way as they ran pitifully back to the castle. He made an effort to control his breathing and got back to work on the device.

Blaise raised an eyebrow and got up silently walking away.

“Where are you going?” Draco sneered irritably.

“Anywhere but here. I felt sorry about your break up at first, Draco, but now you’re just acting like a jerk,” Blaise told him and left.

 Draco watched him go, his jaw locked.

 “Whatever,” he muttered to himself, “who needs him.”