Chapter 34

Chapter 34

“Hey.”

“Hey,” Blaise mumbled softly, as Draco sat down beside him.

The two sat in an awkward silence for a few moments before Draco finally spoke up, “I’m sorry...”

Blaise gave a bitter laugh, no trace of amusement in his tone, “What are you sorry for? Not being gay?”

Draco was a bit taken aback by the question. That wasn’t quite the reaction he had expected, “...I-uh...I don’t know, for leading you on I guess?”

“You didn’t lead me on, you told me you fancied girls the moment I told you about my stupid crush,” Blaise shrugged, trying to act as if finally accepting defeat wasn’t killing him.

Draco wasn’t sure what to say, so he didn’t say anything. Instead, he sat next to his friend silently, examining his hands.

After a few minutes, Blaise finally said quietly, “Please don’t let anything change between us...”

Draco shook his head, “Of course I won’t.”

Blaise nodded, resolve hardening in his eyes and stood up, “I really am sorry if I made you uncomfortable back there...”

Draco stood as well, “Don’t worry ‘bout it,” he smiled.

Blaise smiled back.

Luna’s jaw dropped when she stumbled upon Ashley in the common room. Not because she was surprised to find her there... but because she wasn’t alone. Ashley had her head laid lazily in the lap of a one, Donec Vruce. With a small smile on her face, Luna left the Ravenclaw common room, all worry about Blaise breaking Ashley’s heart, gone.

A few weeks later

Christmas break was fast approaching and all of the students felt a buzz in the air as the winter holidays came closer and closer. Luna, for one, was going to spend her time over the break at home trying to get back to her old self.  She was especially looking forward to introducing her father to her boyfriend.

Draco smiled happily at her, their hands gently interlace as the two watched Ashley, Donec, Blaise and Calvin (Blaise’s new boyfriend) pelt each other with snowballs. Laughter filled the air and as Luna stuck out her tongue to catch a lazily floating snowflake, she realized that life just didn’t get any better than this.

The end.