Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Luna woke up groggily. Where was she? It looked like the dungeons but she wasn’t sure... One thing was sure, she was on the floor and she wasn’t alone. Luna sat up and looked around, she was in the potions classroom and Snape was sitting at his desk with a flask of butterbeer. She stood up and walked over to his desk.

“Professor?”

“You want to know what happened, but don’t ask me. I came into my classroom and you were passed out on the floor and this bottle of butterbeer was left with a note,” Snape told her.

Luna read the note warily. It said;

Luna,

I’m sorry; I was going to prank you but... I felt bad and put you somewhere you would be safe when you woke. Let’s call a truce.

It wasn’t signed but Luna instantly knew who it was and smiled to herself, “it’s safe to drink professor.”

“If you’re sure,” Snape said, seeming unusually cheery. He poured the butterbeer into two separate cups and Luna gratefully downed hers in one gulp. It tasted odd... delicious but, different. Luna’s head started to spin and she put these thoughts aside although she was still very light-headed and giddy. She filled her cup again. Snape did the same and an uncanny smile spread across his usually grim face. Luna hiccupped, once then again and again. She giggled at her hiccupping as Snape chugged the rest of the butterbeer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Luna woke for the third time that day, with a migraine. She sat up and took in her surroundings. She was in the Potions classroom still... what had happened? She remembered drinking the butterbeer but nothing after that. Then she realized something, something that made her shriek:

She was naked.

And so was Snape.

She screamed, causing Snape to quickly wake up. He looked stunned for a minute; Snape looked her over then looked at himself. He screamed. Luna quickly hid behind the desk, looking around frantically for her clothes. She was trying very hard not to look at Snape... she had already seen a lot more of him than she wanted. She was definitely going to have nightmares about this...  Her clothes were next to Snape and she averted her eyes as she ran across the room to grab them. Luna scurried back behind the desk and pulled her clothes on as Snape tried to find his. When the two were finally clothed they allowed themselves to breathe and think about how this could have happened.

“We can’t remember a thing, and ended up... erm... naked next to each other,” Snape said, “this is definitely the result of alcohol.”

“W-we got drunk?” Luna questioned.

Snape nodded, “It was probably the butterbeer, but who spiked the drink...?”

“It was Draco!” Luna exclaimed hysterically, “he was getting me back for the hamster!”

“...hamster? You know what, I don’t want to know,” Snape said exasperatedly.

“That must be it! I’m part of this stupid prank war! I shouldn’t have trusted Draco, don’t trust Draco, kill Draco,” Luna mumbled insanely to herself.

Snape was a little afraid of her and a lot more afraid that someone would find out he had gotten drunk with a student...   People did crazy things when they were drunk... how far did he and Luna go? They did wake up naked together after all... Snape shuddered at the thought.

Luna was still muttering crazed sentences about killing Draco and Snape thought it best if she left. After being kicked out of the potions room, Luna didn’t head to her dorm but to the Gryffindor common room.  She really needed Ginny and Hermione.