Chapter 30

Chapter 30

“Pansy Parkinson.”

Pansy’s eyes widened, fear mingling with guilt clear in her eyes, ‘W-What?”

She looked around frightened. Luna had her backed up against a wall and Draco was standing next to her, blocking her only way of escape.

“You know what you did.”

Pansy didn’t think she’d ever seen Luna madder than she was now, “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about...”

Draco stepped in, “Oh but you do, Pansy. You slipped me a love potion.”

Pansy’s eyes widened even more, “How do you know about that?!”

“I was there. You gave me a drink and an hour latter I’m having feelings for....” He didn’t finish his sentence.

“Harry Potter,” Pansy smirked, “funny how it worked out that way... it’s almost ironic.”

Draco flushed and reached for his wand but Luna put a hand to his to stop him.

Luna then turned to Pansy, “You cold hearted selfish miserable cockroach! You wanted Draco to love you so much that you’d rather he be miserable and torn than love anyone else!”

Draco stared in awe at Luna. He had never seen her like this before... He recognized her words from somewhere and realized with a start that Hermione Granger had uttered that same insult to him in the third year. The insult about the cockroach obviously, not about him loving anyone. He didn’t think that last part would ever happen. How things had changed.

Pansy began to stutter, “...I-I um... I...”

“Where’s the antidote?” Luna snapped.

“There is no antidote...” Pansy admitted, “I-I didn’t think it would go wrong...”

“Oh of course, you only tried to completely change Draco’s feelings towards you with a potion, how could that go wrong?” Luna questioned sarcastically.

“Wait... so there’s no antidote?” Draco asked, a hint of panic in his voice, “I’m going to feel like this forever?”

“No... Not forever. It should only last for another week or two...” Pansy told him.

“A week...?” Luna asked desperately. She knew that this love potion mess was tearing Draco apart and she hated seeing him like this. She would do anything to rid his heart of the evil works of the love potion.

“A week...?” Draco repeated meekly.

“Yes, a week. Now let me go.”

Luna refused to move. “There has to be some way...”

Pansy laughed, “Oh look who it is! What a coincidence.”

Luna looked up and groaned. Walking toward them was none other than Harry Potter. Of course.

“Hullo Luna,” He greeted, walking towards the group, “Malfoy,” he nodded. He was trying to be nice to Malfoy since Luna and he were dating but he still wasn’t going to call him by his first name.

Draco felt his stomach flip-flop and tried desperately to ignore it. He didn’t trust himself to talk so just nodded back.

“And of course Pansy doesn’t get a hello...” Pansy muttered.

They ignored her.

“Harry... I don’t think now is a very good time...” Luna said warily, seeing the look that had crossed onto Draco’s face when Harry had greeted him.

“Why not? Is this Slytherin scum giving you trouble Luna?”

“No...” Luna started but then had an idea, “Actually yes. Pansy decided to slip Draco a love potion.”

Draco’s eyes snapped to her, hurt and betrayal clear in his icy blue eyes.

“...What?” Harry asked.

“She wanted him to be in love with her but instead he fell in love with someone else... involuntarily of course.”

“Who?”

Luna looked at him then at Draco and said, “Me.”

All heads snapped to her.

Harry gave Pansy a murderous look, “I’m so sorry Luna...”

“It’s okay. It really is Harry. I think we’ve fallen in love while under the influence of the love potion but I can’t be sure until the love potion is gone... Can you help us?”

“He doesn’t need to help Luna...” Draco started.

“Yes he does,” Luna told him, “We need his help.”

Harry nodded, “Okay. I’ll go ask Hermione if she knows anything that will help; you two are welcome to come.”

“Okay,” Draco quickly said then cursed himself. Why was the opportunity to spend time with Harry too hard to resist? He sighed.

“We’ll fix this Luna, I promise,” Harry told her.

While they were talking Pansy snuck off, content to never use a love potion for the rest of her life. It caused too many problems.

The three went to the library to find Hermione. Luna took Draco’s hand encouragingly and although her touch brought sparks like it had always had, he couldn’t take his eyes off of Harry. Damn Pansy.