Chapter 12

Luna didn’t make it to her dorm. She was almost there when she heard Draco’s voice coming from the boy’s lavatory. Her curiosity took over and Luna found herself peaking into the lavatory to see who he was talking to. Apparently, Draco was talking to himself.

“Stop being such a wimp!” He scolded himself in front of the mirror.

Luna watched curiously as Draco continued insulting himself. Eventually, she decided that she should let her presence be known.

“You’re such a baby!” Draco said to himself again.

“You’re not a baby,” Luna said quietly.

Draco spun around to face her, “Luna? What are you doing here?” He asked then realized what she’d said, “...how long have you been here?”

“I heard you talking to yourself and came to make sure you weren’t insane...”

Draco blushed, “you know, some people consider talking to yourself a sign of intelligence.”

“You just keep telling yourself that,” Luna said, rolling her eyes.

They lapsed into an awkward silence. Draco cleared his throat nervously and said, “Luna, I need to tell you something...”

“Yes?”

“Um...” Draco felt his throat go dry, “never mind.”

Luna frowned, “why won’t you tell me?”

“...I’ll tell you what I was going to say, when you tell me the story behind your Dirigible Plum earrings,” Draco smirked.

“Okay, but not here,” Luna said.

Draco looked at her shocked, “What? Now?”

Luna nodded and smiled, “you said you’d tell me, no take backs!”

“B-but, I don’t want to tell you yet!” Draco said, starting to panic, “Why not wait a few days at least?”

“Why? What’s so important that you want to put off telling me?”

“...I can’t tell you...”

Luna sighed, “Fine. You have a week to tell me.”

“What if I take more than a week?” Draco asked nervously.

“Then I will annoy the information out of you,” Luna smiled sweetly.

Why the hell did he bring it up in the first place? He knew he wasn’t ready to tell her how he felt so why did he have to go and make her curious?

“Oh and Draco... I’m sorry about the prank.”

He looked at her a little surprised and shrugged, pretending that it was no big deal.

“I confiscated the cameras,” she said, “here.”

He took the cameras from Luna’s outstretched hands and quietly said, “Thanks.”

While they were on the topic of pranks, Luna had to ask, “Draco... I didn’t do anything with Snape... did I?” She shivered at the thought.

“I’m really sorry about that prank Luna... I took it way too far. I’m pretty sure you didn’t do anything with Snape but... I didn’t stay to watch so...” Draco said. He actually sounded sincere when he apologized.

Luna bit her lip, “Let’s agree never to prank each other again... okay?”

Draco nodded, “agreed... and Luna, I’m also sorry about the green hair.”

The green dye in Luna’s hair had already begun to fade but it was still very noticeable.

“It’s okay...  It wasn’t the worst prank you could’ve played,” she told him.

Draco played with a strand of her hair and said, “Even with green hair, you still look beautiful.” As soon as the words left his lips, he wished he could suck them back in. He was very surprised at himself for saying something like that and he could tell Luna was just as shocked.

“I-I have to go,” Luna said, blushing. She ran from the boy’s lavatory, up to her room and collapsed on her bed. Why was life so confusing?