Chapter 32

A/N: New Year means new chapters! :D Happy New Years everyone!!! J

and make sure to vote and comment! :D

Chapter 32 

“What are you doing in here?” Pansy asked again.

Luna racked her brain for a reasonable excuse that would explain why she was crouched in Pansy’s dorm, pawing through her trash like some animalistic caveman.

The silence grew as Luna tried everything to clear her mind of the cobwebs that seemed to have taken residence there. Pansy towered over her, her arms crossed, tapping one foot impatiently as she awaited Luna’s response.

BOOM!
The two jumped; the silence of the room being interrupted by what sounded like a post apocalyptic explosion.

“What the bloody hell was that?” Pansy screamed all thoughts of Luna erased as she sprinted towards the common room where the sound had erupted.

Luna sighed in relief. She swore that after this was over, she was going to do anything Harry wanted for distracting Pansy. She was ready to give up and tell the boys that she was wrong; that Pansy had thrown out the box after all when something caught her eye. In the corner of her line of vision, she caught sight of a small pink heart and curly cursive writing. She dug through the remaining trash and pulled out the small square instruction manual. It was the length of her index finger in width and height and she could tell that it was only a few pages long at first glance but this was it. This was the answer to their problems. In this small book lay not only the name of the potion, Luna noticed her heart speeding up in anxiety, but also the name of the counter-potion.

Luna jumped to her feet; the instruction manual clenched tightly in her hand and rushed down to the common room to see what mess Harry had created that had distracted all of the Slytherins for that long. When she reached the common room, her breath caught and she stopped where she was.  

Harry and Draco were standing in the center of a large group of Slytherins. Draco’s fine, always slicked back hair was standing straight on end as if he had recently been playing with lightning. Harry’s was worse. If she didn’t know any better, she would have sworn that Harry had stolen the afro sized poof of hair from some poor kid from the seventies. What tied the whole spectacle together was the pink and green goo that covered both boys from head to toe. Harry was looking around the common room dazedly as if he wasn’t quite sure what had happened but it was Draco’s utterly disgusted scowl that sent Luna into a fit of hysterical giggles.

Instantly, the two boy’s eyes snapped to her. She clutched her stomach, bending over as silent laughs racked her body. Glancing again at the dysfunctional couple only made her laugh harder and she felt herself slide to the ground, her head still bowed as giggle after giggle coming from her mouth until she was finding it hard to breath.

Harry gave her a little smirk and Draco just scowled more causing her to burst into another round of laughter. Luna was aware that she looked like a complete idiot, laying on the ground laughing like her life depended on it. Honestly, it wasn’t even that funny but there hadn’t been enough excuses to laugh in the past few weeks and now all of the giggles that she had been holding back for months burst through.

Soon she saw Harry give a little chuckle and Draco’s scowl turned upwards into a small smile. Before she knew it, the two boys were laughing along with her although not quite as loud. Whispers rippled through the crowd of confused Slytherins as they observed the three, seemingly insane, students.

Luna managed to catch her breath as some of the students got bored and began to disperse. Breathing heavily, she made her way over to Harry and Draco. With another small giggle, she extended a hand for both of them as they were also sitting on the floor by now. The two graciously accepted and once all three were on their feet, goofy grins still spread across their faces, they headed to the library to fetch Hermione.

************************************************************************************

“Oh for God’s sake...” Hermione muttered as she watched the three approach. Harry and Draco were splattered with some sort of gooey pink and green substance and they looked as if they had both been electrocuted but the large smiles plastered on their faces made them look as if they had just been told that NEWTS were going to be cancelled this year.

“What in the name of Merlin happened to you two?” She questioned them, sending an apologetic look over to Madame Pince who was shooting her a very stern ‘be quiet’ look.

“Harry decided that the only way to distract the Slytherins was to use a bloody Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes product,” Draco attempted a scowl but it soon turned into another laugh.

“Hey, I thought it was a good idea...” Harry grinned, “But I didn’t expect the Gooey Kablooey to Kablooey all over me and Malfoy.”

This sent Luna into another small fit of laughter which was quickly silenced by Madame Pince.

“...Did you get the box?” Hermione asked warily. To her, it seemed as if the whole lot of them had suddenly gone mad.

“We did better,” Luna told her with a smile, “We got the cure.”