Great...I'm Sick

Upon waking up, Ezra realised how hot he had become; he was covered in sweat and, along with the sensation of 'I am about to throw up' accompany him, he realised his predicament. 'Great...I'm sick' he thought with a groan. As he rose from what felt like his death bed, Ezra made his way down to the floor to see that his roomate wasn't where he could normally be found - the bed below. Once his feet hit the floor, the teenager looked over towards the holo-clock that was placed on one of the shelves that were attached to one of the walls and saw that it read in bright blue '10:37 am'. I had over slept!! Hurrying his pace the best he could, Ezra jumped in the shower and washed himself, ridding himself of the sweat that he had woken up to; he left the shower after a few minutes and dried off before changing into his spare clothes - his blue shorts and a white vest top. After tying his damp hair up into a ponytail, Ezra left his room and soon found himself entering the common room where he found everyone else sat at the table - eating and talking. "Morning sleeping beauty" Sabine joked with a smirk once she noticed the boy; they all chuckled at the remark, except Ezra of course - he rolled his eyes as he took a seat by his master, resting his arms across his stomach as he lent back. No witty comeback?? His silence confused the group and earned a few raised brows "em....you okay Ez??" Hera asked, a hint of concern laced within her voice; the boy forced out a "I'm fine" though his voice betrayed him as it sounded extremely exhausted. Figuring he was indeed just really tired due to waking up only a few minute before, the crew decided to shrug it off as they continued to eat their meal. Ezra, however, passed on the food as he really didn't trust his stomach to actually hold the prepared meal down. "Okay, what have you done with Ezra??" Zeb asked in amusement "he never misses out on food" they each agreed with the statement; Ezra shrugged at what he was hearing "yeah well...there's a first for everything".

As other conversations started back up, the topic of Ezra was slowly forgotten. That was until Kanan suddenly felt a light weight fall against his side; he looked down to see his padawan fast asleep, using his arm and shoulder as a pillow. Hera was the second to notice and voiced her opinion on what she was witnessing "aww" she found it adorable "poor thing, he must really be tired" this confused the lasat as he raised a brow "but how??" he questioned "he went to bed early last night and woke up late".  Upon hearing the voices and feeling Kanan move in an attempt to get comfortable, Ezra's eyes fluttered open - you could see how he wished to remain in the land of sleep however; he looked up to see what had woken him up "huh??". Smiling down at the boy, Kanan rubbed his shoulder "hey" he gently greeted "why don't you go back to bed?? You look like you could do with the extra shut eye" he suggested. Being too tired to protest, as well as not being completely opposed to the idea of more sleep, Ezra rose from his seat and began to make his way towards the door; the doors had opened when all of a sudden, the young boy burst out into a sprint, rushed passed his cabin door and into the refresher. Upon seeing such a worrying sight, the remaining crew members shot up from their seats and hurried to follow; they were met with the sight of Ezra kneeling over the toilet, throwing his guts up into the toilet. Their hearts throbbed at the terrible and sad sight. Hera instantly fell to her knees and grabbed the boys hair that was still tied up in a ponytail so that it wouldn't fall in front of his face; Kanan followed suit, but instead, he rubbed soothing circles onto his students back, as well as sent calming waves through the force. Sabine, Zeb and Chopper left the two leaders of their crew to handle the situation, returning to the common room silently - they clearly had it all under control.

Once Ezra had finished slilling the contents of his stomach into the toilet, he sat back against the all as Hera wiped his mouth with some toilet roll "why didn't you tell you were sick Ezra??" Kana asked with worry; the kid shrugged his shoulders "it's not that important" this was his excuse "it'll pass within a day or two". Neither adults accepted such a stupid statement "Ezra" Hera sighed as she rubbed her forehead "you are very important to us which makes this very important as well". Upon hearing this, Ezra remained silent as he hesitantly allowed the woman to embrace him gently - he felt....warm....and safe. Something so foreign to him. After this, Kanan carefullu wrapped his arms around the boys back and under his knees before hoisting him up; their captain led the way to the Jedi's single cabin before their sick crew member was lay down on the man's bed. They made sure the teenager was comfortable, placed a bucket by the head of the bed and set a glass of blackcurrent on the bed side table; Hera made the boy swallow some medication that would help with both his unsteady stomach, as well as his extremely high temperature. Lastly, they rested a cooling pad on top of his forehead. It was a concerning sight when they noticed Ezra was beginning to shiver "it....it's f...freezing in he...in here" he stuttered out; Hera hurried to wrap the boy up with at least five blankets, only to see it do near to nothing. As the woman sat in the desk chair that she had pulled over by the bed, Kanan lay down next to his padawan and wrapped his arms around the scrawny and heated body - how he was complaining about the cold was rather confusing??

"Thanks...for taking care of me" Ezra spoke rather awkwardly, casting his eyes down as he felt the embarrassment of the situation finally hit him; both adults reassured their young friend that all was fine. Kanan, with the bond he had with his padawan, could sense there was more he wished to say....or ask "what is it kid??" he questioned; Ezra was extremely hesitant but the child within him took over "could....could you maybe....read me a story??" he asked, his eyes glancing towards their captain momenteraly. Hera, finding the question adorable, nodded her head as she reached over towards the holo-pad "I'd love to sweetie" she smiled "anything inparticular??" she asked; the teenager thought for a moment before one from his childhood popped into his mind "how about....Aladdin??" he asked. Could he become anymore cute?! Nodding her head as she found the story on the holo-pad, Hera continued to smile "then Aladdin it shall be" and with that, she began to read. Just outside the room, Zeb and Sabine peeked in through the crack of the door; they both smiled fondly at the sight - a rather family related sight in their opinion. It was truly adorable. So adorable that they took a photograph in order to remember the beautiful memory....as well as to possibly blackmail their young friend.