Past Vision

Ezra was bored. Nothing interesting was happening on the Ghost at all. Hera was flying the ship, Zeb was napping, Sabine was painting in her room, Chopper was on charge, and Kanan was meditating in his room. For once, Ezra decided to join his master, so he jumped off of his bed and walked out of the cabin, down the hall and to the man's door. He knocked on the door and waited for a moment before it slid open, allowing the boy to walk in. Once inside, the door closed; Kanan was kneeling on the floor, clearly meditating "this better be good Ezra" he stated. Ezra knelt down in the same position in front of his master and began to meditate, not saying a word. When the kid didn't reply, Kanan opened his eyes, but was shocked to see his Padawan only 2 feet away from him...meditating?! "Em...Ezra??" he spoke making the teen open his eyes "what??" Ezra asked. Kanan was really confused "are you...meditating with me??" he asked earning a nod "yeah, I was bored and thought I'd join you...I can leave if you want me to??" Ezra explained, but the man shook his head "no!! I didn't mean it like that, it's just...I thought you hated meditating??" that was what confused him "not really, it can be calming but like I said, I was bored". And with that, they both closed their eyes and entered a deep meditation.

Kanan was focusing on his Padawan's life source when all of a sudden...he was in a house?! If he rememebered correctly, it was Ezra's parents house; why was he seeing this?? Kanan was about to think of something else when a door opened, revealing two figured...it was Ezra, a very young Ezra, and his mum. Kanan watched the scene unfold, leaning against a wall. "Come on Ezzy, we'll watch a movie before bedtime" Mira stated as they reached the sofa "can we watch the Jedi's Quest!? Please?!" Ezra asked, adding the puppy dog eyes that were like a Jedi mind trick "of course we can". The woman played the movie, the mother and son cuddling up on the sofa with popcorn and hot chocolate "mummy??" Ezra spoke up "when will daddy be back??" he asked; Mira seemed sad by the question but still smiled "I don't know sweetie, I'm sure he'll be back soon" she reassured, but to her son or herself?? She didn't know. Ezra also seemed sad "will he smell and talk funny like usual??" he asked earning a sigh "I...I don't know hun...maybe". Kanan was confused and concerned with what Erza meant, but he kept watching and listening. The front door opened, showing an unbalanced Ephraim "I'm home!!" he announced as he closed the door, bumping into everything he passed "Ezra, go to bed please" Mira instructed, the boy seemed to know what was about to happen, so he quickly did as told and ran to his room, shutting the door. Once she knew her son was in his room, Mira turned to her husband "really Ephraim?! You're drunk again!?" she asked, but it seemed to be a statement "so what?? I only had a few drinks" the man said, but his speech and movement stated that he had more than just a few "you can't keep doing this!!" the woman exclaimed, making her husband become annoyed. "Uhh!! What's with you and drinking?! I had a few beers, so what?!" he asked as he crossed his arms "but it's not just a few, you can barely walk or stand, you're that drunk!! And you've been getting drunk nearly every night for the ast two months!!" Mira exclaimed. Ephraim rolled his eyes "I've even got Ezra asking me when his daddy will be home!! And if he'll smell and talk funny!! How do you think he feels when he barely sees you?!" she asked, really upset now "hey, I see Ezra a lot!!" Ephrain stated, but his wife just shook her head "when?! You have to leave for work at 10 in a morning, and then you don't come home until force knows how late!! I'm surprised you're actually here now!!". The man was now mad "you want me to see my son?! Fine!!" he yelled before storming over to Ezra's bedroom door- he kept bumping into walls on the way- and pushed the door open. Kanan quickly followed a worried Mira to the bed bedroom. Ezra was sat on his bed with toy in his hand "daddy??" he was startled by the sudden door slamming open; he watched as his father tumble over to and sit next to him. "Hey son, what are you doing??" Ephraim asked; Ezra seemed slightly scared "daddy, you smell strange again, and sound funny too" he stated. Mira spoke up "Ephraim!! Now's not the time!!" he stated, trying not to yell due to her son being there "no, you want me to see Ezra, so I'll see him!!" he yelled, amking Ezra flintch away; he didn't notice. "You can see him when you're sobor!!" Mira stated through gritted teeth; Ezra backed away from both of them. Kanan felt terrible for the kid, seeing his dad drunk and his parents fight had to of been horrible. Time seemed to quickly pass by until Ezra was lay on his bed, quietly crying as his parents fought in the living room. Kanan's heart broke at the sight; he decided to sit on the edge of the bed and and looked at the sad child "it's okay Ezra...it'll all be okay" he whispered, not expecting the boy to hear. Ezra turned over and looked confused "who are you??" Kanan's eyes widened once he realised the boy could see him "I'm...a friend" he explained "I'm from...the future....your future Ezra". Ezra's little eyes lit up as he sat up "we know each other??" he asked earning a nod "yes, every well actually....we're family in a way" Kanan smiled, it made the child smile too. "When you say family...are you my...new daddy??" Ezra asked, worry and hope in his voice; Kanan was taken back by the question "em...well...that's something for you to decide...when the time comes in the future" he said, a smile falling upon his lips again. Ezra seemed sad "mummy and daddy have been fighting a lot lately, whenever I see daddy, he smells weird, and acts different, and talks funny" he explained "they're always yelling...I hate it" Kanan felt his heart break even more; he took the boy into his arms, hugging him. "I know it's hard...but they'll always love you" he whispered; they stayed like that for a few minutes until the man noticed Ezra had fallen asleep. Kanan had a necklace around his neck that he had for years, he never knew where it came from but he just always wore it. He took it off and put it around Ezra's neck "this is...so you remember" he whispered although the kd was asleep. He lay the child down, tucked him in and walked away.

Kanan opened his eyes to see Ezra still meditating....wait, no he was asleep. The man gave a warm smile before picking the boy up and lying him in bed; Kanan checked on his Padawan one last time before leaving. He went to the cockpit and sat down "something bothering you dear??" Hera asked as she turned to auto-piolet; Kanan told her everything he had seen and heard. She was shocked, saddened, but happy he had seen it all "well...I guess you wait and see if Ezra remembers any of it" Hera stated; Kanan nodded before feeling Ezra wake up through the force "he's awake, I'm gonna go talk to him" and with that, he walked out. When the man looked into the room, he saw that Ezra...wasn't there?? "Where's he gone??" Kanan wondered as he looked through the force; Ezra was on the roof of the ship. He walked to where he sensed the boy to be; Ezra was sat on the edge of the the ship, looking out into the distance "hey" Kanan greeted as he sat next to the boy "hey Kanan" it sounded like a sigh. The man spoke "are you okay??" he asked earning a shrug "yeah...no...in the middle I guess" Ezra didn't know how he felt at that moment in time. "Ezra...do you by any chance remember when you were younger-" Kanan was cut off by Ezra pulling something from around his neck....it was the necklace!! He wore it but his clothes hid the necklace. Ezra looked at it for a moment before looking up to his master "yes Kanan...I remember that night" he stated; Kanan gave a small smile. The teen seemed hesitant beofre smiling "hi daddy" tears were in his eyes; the Jedi pulled his padawan into a hug "I've got you son".