Street Smart 101

"For this mission to work, you need to go undercover as street rats" Commander Sato stated as he explained the mission to the Ghost Crew, the last two words earned him an secret glare from Ezra. "Okay, let's change into some rags then we can go" Zeb said making the teen boy laugh "what??" Sabine asked; Ezra crossed his arms "you're gonna go undercover like you're street smart just like that??" he asked. The Crew nodded, confused why the teen was asking "well...yeah, we'll get changed into some rags like Zeb said then go" Hera said, making the boy roll his eyes "it's not all about what you look like and wear you know?! I wasn't in rags when you found me" he seemed slightly...offended "what do you mean Ez??" Kanan asked. They sat down whilst Ezra leant against the wall "to be street smart, you have to act the part, it doesn't matter what you wear...entirely" he explained; Sabine seemed surprised "really?? Well...can you teach us how to be a street rat??" she asked earning a hard glare. "Rule one, don't call a street smart person a street rat" Ezra stated "it's seriously offensive and will 100% get you beat up, possibly killed" their eyes widened before feeling bad. They had all used the words 'street rat' at some point when talking about this kind of subject, also called it the teen sometimes "okay...sorry". After that Ezra gave a small smile "first you will have to change them clothes since they're brand new" he stated before walking out to Kanan and Hera's rooms; he placed an outfit that he believed fit the part for their mission. The two and Ezra got changed and met back up in the commom room. Only them three were going on this mission whilst Sabine, Zeb and Chopper stayed with the ship. Ezra had to change too due to his jumpsuit not filling anymore.

 Ezra had to change too due to his jumpsuit not filling anymore

"These are

"These are...actually really nice" Hera stated in shock as they looked at one another "I told you, it's not all about the clothes" Ezra reminded. The three began to walk to Capital City "okay Ez, what else do we need to know??" Kanan asked; the boy thought for a moment "well...before you do something, look at all of the possibilities then decide if what you're about to do is worth it pr needed" he paused "when you've decided, look for every possible exit and escape root, you never know what could happen". The two nodded and listened to everything their youngest crew member told them, there was a lot "and last but not...for now anyway, don't make friends with anyone!! From now on, I'm keeping my distance from you both, and I'll only step in if needs must" he stated in a harsh voice "but I'm not your friend" and woth that, the teen ran away, jumping up onto a roof of a building and disappearing. "Well....let's go" Hera said as they walked through alley ways like Ezra had told them to do "he'll probably meet us at the gangs HQ" Kanan guessed; they knew where to go. The mission was to steal some data from a deadly gang that most people feard on Lothal, even most imperials; the data was about new plans for slaves. "Looky here, she's a hottie" a voice spoke, there were three drunken men walking down one of the allys; the two kept walking when another guy grabbed at Hera's wrist and pulled her closer to him "you're not leaving yet, come hang with us". Kanan grabbed Hera's other wrist and gentle pulled her to him; the three men weren't pleased "what's your problem man??". Hera held Kanan's hand as they tried to walk away"we're leaving" she stated as they walked away. Now, the men were angry "get back here!!" they managed to grab at the two and aimed guns. Kanan tried to grab his blaster, but the guy that seemed to be the leader of the three had snatched it "what ya gonna do with this?? Shoot us??" he laughed. All of a sudden, someone other then the three drunken men and the two secret rebels spoke from behind them "Jack, Tom and Tony" it was...Ezra?! "Br..Bridger, haven't seen you a round for a while" one of them shuttered, shocked and slightly...scared?? "I've been around" was all Ezra said on that, his thoughts turned to Kanan and Hera "who are they?? And why are you holding a blaster to his head??" the couple were confused with everythijg the teen had asked. It was clear what the three were trying to do "we em...we don't know...we were just having...some fun" one of them explained; Ezra sighed "do I need to beat you three up to show that you cant just grab and threaten people....again??" he asked. The three shook their heads violently, making the boy smirk  "good, now let then go" they immediatly did as told "give the guy his blaster back" Kanan had tbe gun in his holder within a second "now get out of mu sight!!". Aftet that last demand, the three ran out of tbe ally way. "Thanks" Hera said, Ezra nodded "why did they do everything you told then to do?? They didn't even fight??" Kanan asked, really confused. As they walked through more ally ways, Ezra explained "when on the streets, sometimes when you do certain things, it can get you respect" he paused "I got their respect from showing them I can easily beat them up when doing bad things" Hera frowned "they respect you in fear??" he nodded "partly, they respect me for other things too, but when you're on the streets, it doesn't matter what way you get respect...it can save your life". They fell silent for a moment before Ezra told then to be careful "I cant help you again now, people well get suspicious" and with that, he was back on the roofs.

Soon enough, the two reached the gangs HQ "okay, we'll walk in through the back where-" Kanan was cut off when he saw Ezra just...walk in through the front door?!?! "Is he crazy?!" he exclaimed,Hera shushed him "maybe they also respect Ezra?? Like the guys from before??" she hoped that was the case. All of a sudden, there were yells coming from the building "oh no!!". Thw two ran over to a window and looked; the leader and Ezra were yelling at one another. "If you want the disk, you have to win it" the leader yelled "the street way" it was chilling when Ezra jist smirked "I hoped so". People began to surround the two as they circled one another "are you sure you want to do this?? Cuz if I remember correctly, I beat you last timw we did this, and all of the times before that" Ezra stated, but the man was already throwing punches. Kanan and Hera were worried for the boy, but it seemed he could hold his own really well. The two were beatibg each other up; there was lots of blood. "Give up Bridger?? You've grown soft!!" the leader laughed; Exra decided enough was enough. He did one last attack before his enermy felt to the floor, knocked out. The room was silent before Ezra spoke "now...where's the disk?!" he asked, basically demanding for it; they all pointed to a draw. Ezra walked over, not actibg hurt although he was busted up pretty harsh; he grabbed disk and walked over to the door "when he wakes up, tell him...good fight" and with that, he was gone.  Wzra went to look for his two crew mates when he saw them near the window,he leant against a wall at the enterance of an alley. As soon as the two saw the teen, they walked over "come on, let's get back". They walked back to the ship, Hera trying to hold back mother hen as she saw Ezra hurt; Kanan was having to do the same thing. As soon as they arrived, Kanan led his Padawan to the med bay whilst Hera gave Sabine the disk. That night, the three sat in the med bay together with hot coco. Kanan and Hera was allowed a glimpse of what Ezra had to deal with before he joined them, and they were greatful.....and were also keeping tbe clothes.