CHAPTER 14

"Yo Josh" Brandon yelled from across the parking lot.

"Yeah man" I answered when I got close enough that I wouldn't have to yell for him to hear me.

"Are you going to try out for the basket ball team this year" he asked.

"No. I don't think so"

"Okay. What the hell is up with you this year? It's half way over and you havnt even played one sport yet. Not even Baseball and you fucking love baseball it's like your life, and not to mention it's our last year"

"I just don't feel like doing anything this year Brandon"

" yeah well everyone's noticed" he said then walked away.

I just don't understand why people won't leave me the hell alone!!

"Hey, are you okay? You look a little flustered." someone said from behind me. "Hi, I'm Hensley" the girl says when I turn around and face her.

" umm hi I'm"

"Josh, yeah I know. We have like 4 classes together. Do you umm wanna skip school today? It might make you feel better and your mind off of whatever's bothering you" she smiled.

" you know what, yeah I do thanks"

"Okay cool! Follow me to my house then"

We pulled up to a nice craftsman house that was tan and a rustic green color, with a big front porch, and a Juliet balcony coming off of a window on the second story of the house. I followed Hensley up the stairs to find out that she has the bedroom with the balcony.

"So want to talk about what's goin on" she asked after we layed down on her bed.

"I-I can't. I mean, I can but it's like I just dont know how. I guess it's just less painful if I don't say it out loud." I said staring at her ceiling.

"Its okay I know what it's about for the most part. Well i dont know exactly know what happen but it doesn't take a genius to figure out who it's about." she said.

"Do you think im being stupid about all of this"

"I think your doing the best you know how to Josh" she said honestly