Daddy's Little Girl- 12

A/N Hey I'm so sorry it's been so long since I have updated and that's it's a short chapter! First I was crazy busy on vacation. (I got stung by a scorpion) Then I have been crazy busy all week with camps and rehearsals! I'm so sorry but I will get back into updating more often I promise! I'm sorry again!

^^^^^^^

I feel the grainy sand underneath me and I can faintly hear the ocean calling out to me. I want to call back but I can't breathe. I feel something soft against my mouth and I feel air rush into my body. The pressure leaves my mouth and I feel wet flesh against my chest. "Come on Maggie. Please wake up. Don't leave me Maggie please!" Ryan puts his cheek against my chest again. I suck in and I feel air. I exhale and inhale again and it is easier. I feel water in my lungs and I cough. I hear Ryan sigh in relief and I slowly open my eyes.

Ryan is sitting next to me, his shoulders are shaking and smalls sobs escape his lips. He looks down at me and sweeps me into an embrace.

I don't hug him back. I'm confused and still hurt by what he has done. He notices and he pulls away, still holding me by the shoulders.

"What's wrong?" He asks me, concerned.

"Why am I not allowed to leave you if you have no problem with leaving me?" I know my words hurt him and I can't look him in the eye.

"Maggie it killed me to leave you. That's why I'm back. I couldn't stand being safe when I knew that you were potentially in a dangerous situation or worse, dead. I only found where you were because I went to the church first to look for you there." He whispers in reply. "I missed you Maggie. You're the only thing I have left in the world and I almost just lost you too."

"I'm sorry." I whisper and I try to get up. I get to my knees okay but as soon as I try to get higher I have a coughing fit and I collapse back onto the ground.

Swiftly, Ryan scoops me up in a bridal carry and he starts to walk back to Amy's house. I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in his chest. It feels so good to be in his arms again.

We get in silently and make our way upstairs. The second to last step squeaks when Ryan steps on it but after he pauses and looks around quickly he continues, the coast clear. We make it into my room and he sets me down in my bed. He turns and opens the window, poised to jump out and find somewhere to sleep tonight when I whisper call, "No wait! Please stay with me!"

He turns around and faces me. I can see a faint smile on his face. "All you had to do was ask." I smile as he walks over. I feel the bed shift under his weight and I slide closer to him and he wraps his arms around me.

I finally fall into a deep sleep, shielded from the world by Ryan.

***

A throat is cleared. "What is going on Maggie? Who is that?!" I hear Amy exclaim. My eyes snap open and I would have jumped into the air had Ryan's arms not been around my waist. I elbow him and he grumbles but wakes up and sits up quickly when he sees Amy, letting go of me.

"Maggie who the hell is this? Why is he in your bed?" Amy asks again.I see Jack and Lauren appear in the doorway, confused at the commotion. The situation is only getting more awkward.

"Amy I'm so sorry! This is Ryan. Remember I told you about him? He's the family friend that has been living with us since we were five." I explain as calmly as possible. Amy nods. Jack looks at me, then Ryan, then his mother, then me and Ryan again.

"Maggie is he your boyfriend?" He asks innocently. I blush and laugh.

"No Jack he's just a friend of mine. Hey, how about you and Lauren go play with your toys and I'll be there in a couple minutes?" I suggest. He nods and the two of them scamper off. Amy raises her eyebrows at me, waiting for me to continue explaining.

When I finish telling Amy everything about last night, she stayed quiet for a few more minutes. Finally, she sighs.

"He can stay. But you are getting different rooms." I let out a breath I didn't notice I was holding. Amy gave me a big smile and Ryan grabbed my hand and squeezed. I sigh and lay back down on the pillow, relieved.

^^^^^^^^

A/N I hope you liked it. I'm not too happy with the ending but I didnt have time to change it. I'm sorry. I will have another chapter as soon as possible!

Love,

Eryn