Daddy's Little Girl- 13

A/N I am horrible! I'm so sorry for not posting guys! I have been soooooo busy that I can't write. By the end of the day I am too exhausted to write. I'm sorry! I know is is short and it's boring but I PROMISE that I will have a new chapter up in the next few days that is a little more exciting. The trial is begininnign soon! One or two chapters until that! But I am so super sorry that this has taken so long! But without further ado,...

----------

By ten o'clock we were all dressed and ready to go to the phone store and lawyer's office. Amy decided that Ryan needs to get one as well. First we have to drop Jack and Lauren off at school.

"Hey Mom, I want a cell phone too." Jack squeaked from the back seat. Amy chuckles before replying.

"Hey Buster, wait a few years. Maggie and Ryan are fifteen, you are seven. You can get one when you're older."

"Aww please Mom? It's the last week of school, they won't care if I miss one day." He whines.

"Jack I said no. You have to go to school honey." Amy sighs. Jack humphs from the back seat and Amy rolls her eyes.

We pull up to the school and Lauren jumps out, kissing her mother on the cheek on her way. Jack is still sitting with his arms crossed over his chest and a defiant look on his face. Amy turns around and raises her eyebrows.

I pull open my door and walk around to Jack's door. I pull it open and put my hands on my hips and raise my eyebrows at him. He refuses to look me in the eyes and he won't move. Ryan gets out of the other side of the car and comes around to join me. Ryan however, is more proactive. He instructs me to unbuckled Jack's seatbelt and I oblige with some resistance from Jack.

Next, Ryan leans in and scoops jack into a fireman's carry and I grab his backpack. Ryan jogs an annoyed Jack up to the doors and puts him back onto the ground. I bring the backpack then Ryan shoo's me away.

I retreat a few steps and watch Ryan kneel down and start whispering to Jack. A grin grows on Jack's face and within a minute, Ryan gets up, ruffles Jack's hair, then makes his way back to me. Jack bolts into school and Ryan and I stroll back to the car.

"What on Earth did you say to him that got him to go so willingly to school?" I question as we jog down the front steps.

Ryan shrugs and with a mischievous grin replies, "You'll just have to wait and find out I suppose."

I groan and jump back into Amy's car.

She drives us a few towns over to the phone store. We walk in and I am overwhelmed by the amount of devices. There are phones, chargers, tablets, cases. I don't know what to look at first. I decide one of the tables with some flip phones on it.

A man in a red shirt comes over behind me. "Hello miss. How may I assist you today?"

"Well, um, I'm looking for a phone." I reply, shifting my weight from foot to foot. Strange men make me very uncomfortable.

"Can I see what you have now so we can try to look for something similar? Or do you have someone in mind already?" He asks me.

"I, um, don't have one now. I have never had a cell phone before so I don't know what I am looking for." I reply. The man gives me an odd, doubtful look. He laughs as though I was joking.

"You're kidding right? All teenage girls have cell phones." I shake my head. He raises his eyebrows and sighs. "I suppose not. Well, you learn something new everyday. Here considering you had never had one before, let's go with something simple." He walks over to a display table and shows me some models. Ryan ventures over as well and we listen as he talks.

We both choose one that we like and show Amy. She approves and we make our way over to check out. At the register the girl looks at us, bored. "Do you want two different colors for your phones? If you get the same one then you may get confused." She states as though we are toddlers and can't tell the difference. Amy saves us from having to reply.

"We were just going to get different cases thank you very much. You two choose ones you like and I'll pay." We nod and turns towards the case display. I choose a light pink case while Ryan grabs a dark blue one. We hand them over silently.

The girl pops her gum rudely and hands us the phones. Quickly, Ryan and I exchange numbers. Then I examine the phone, my phone. It is a sleek black touch screen phone that flips open to reveal a full keyboard as well. The man had explained that the touch screen was very popular now and the keyboard helps when the touch typing gets to be difficult or annoying.

I look up from the phone and see Ryan taking a picture of me. I smile and then take a picture of him. Amy taps my shoulder and motions towards the door.

We make our way outside and hen we get back to the car she takes a deep breath. "Well, this next stop won't be as fun as that one." I nod in agreement and buckle my seat belt as we pull out of the parking lot and drive towards the lawyers office.

After following the directions Dr. Howie gave me last night, we pull into the parking lot of a tall black building. Somehow, just by looking at it you can tell it is a lawyers office. It has that seriousness to it I suppose. We park in a spot a few hundred feet away from the entrance and I turn to face Amy and Ryan. After inhaling a deep breath, I speak. "Well here goes nothing I suppose." They grimly nod. We all sigh at the same time and look up at the building that holds the answer to our future. It's now or never.

----------

A/N yeah I know, boring. I'm sorry I want the lawyer scene to be it's own chapter. That I promise will be longer and more eventful. And I promise it will come soon. I'm not sure exactly when, but soon. I might even get to have it posted by tomorrow. Depends on how easily the scene flows for me and how long I make it. I will get to work on that right now!

Love,

Eryn <3