3| The Pevensies in Narnia, The Arrest and The Beavers

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

The three older Pevensie children were playing cricket, while Alarice and Lucy were reading a book underneath the shade of a tree.

"And, Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket."

Peter threw the ball and it hits Edmund in the leg, who wasn't paying attention in the game.

"Ow!"

Peter laughed. "Whoops! Wake up, Dolly Daydream!" he said and caught the ball Susan threw towards him.

"Why can't we play hide-and-seek again?" Edmund asked.

Alarice and Lucy glanced at each other before rolling their eyes in annoyance.

"I thought you said that it was a kid's game." Peter answered.

"Besides, we could all use the fresh air." Susan added.

"It's not like there isn't air inside." Edmund reasoned out and Susan frowned at him.

"Are you ready?" Peter asked.

"Are you?" Edmund said and smacked his bat on the ground, getting ready to hit the ball.

Peter pitched the ball and it bounced towards Edmund, who whacked it good but the ball smashed through an upstairs window of the house.

Alarice's eyes widen in horror as she stood up from the ground and rush beside Peter. "Please tell me you didn't break something upstairs."

Peter turned to her with a guilty look on his face. "We didn't?"

Alarice groaned as she and the Pevensie siblings ran upstairs.

"We're doomed." Alarice mumbled as she stared the broken window and the pieces of a suit of armor sprawled on the floor.

Peter glared at Edmund. "Well done, Ed!" he said sarcastically.

"You bowled it!" Edmund retorted.

"Well, you're the one who hit it!" Alarice yelled at him and took a threatening step towards Edmund when she suddenly heard footsteps approaching and Mrs. Macready's voice.

"Oh no!"

"The Macready!" Susan said in horror.