8| The Blue Star, Ramandu's Island and The Three Lords

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

"Everyone! Wake up!"

Alarice laughed as everyone woke up with a start. The men stood up and drew their weapons as they look around for danger.

"What? What is it?"

"Alarice?"

Alarice smiled as everyone stood up. "Put your weapons away." she ordered and the men did as they were told. "Look, it's the Blue Star!"

Everyone looked at Alarice and saw the Blue Star beside her.

•••

The Dawn Treader followed the Blue Star, however the wind wasn't in their favor. Alarice, Caspian, Edmund and Drinian stared up at the folded sail.

"The wind has left us."

"So, how do we get to Ramandu's Island now then?"

"My guess is something doesn't want is to get there." Drinian said and turned to Alarice.

Alarice nodded in agreement. "It seems so." she said as she glanced at Caspian and Edmund.

Alarice eyes lingered on Caspian and looked away as she followed Drinian towards the poop deck. Caspian looked at her and sighed before noticing Edmund staring at him.

"What?"

Edmund raised an eyebrow. "Did something happen to you and Alarice?" he asked in confusion. "You two seem kind of, well, distant."

Caspian forced out a smile. "We're hiding a secret from each other, but everything will be alright, Ed." he assured.

Edmund smiled as he cross his arms. "It should be. Letting go of a girl like Alarice is the most stupid thing to do, Caspian." he said and chuckled. "Like Peter did."

Caspian frowned in confusion. "Peter?"

"He likes Alarice before we met you. But, he's over it now. He's getting married, after all." Edmund explained as Caspian sighed in relief. "What are you so relieved about?"

Caspian shakes his head. "Nothing." he said nonchalantly and climbed the stairs towards the poop deck.

Edmund quirk an eyebrow and nodded to himself. "He's jealous." he mumbled and followed after Caspian.