5| Gael, The Book of Incantations and Fear

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

Dear diary, there has been an extraordinary turn of events. I've been abducted by my cousins and set a drift in uncharted waters in some ridiculous-looking boat. What's worse is I share quarters with an obnoxious mouse thing. And I thought bunking with my cousin was bad enough.

Alarice stared at Eustace from a distance with an amused look on her face as he hid away from her and everyone else while he was giving them looks as if they were weird people. She was standing by the stairs with Caspian and Drinian, but she wasn't listening to what the captain was saying. She was too entertained watching Eustace.

So far, every person I met in this strange place suffers from the most florid delusions. Chasing green mists and looking for lost lords. I can only assume this is the result of poor diet or they're all just barking mad. Cousin Edmund is no exception. He spends every spare second rubbing that tun sword of his like it's some magic lantern. Poor fool clearly needs a hobby.

Alarice saw Eustace looked at Edmund and Reepicheep, and turned to the two.

Reepicheep smiled at Edmund. "It's going to be magnificent. Do they come in smaller size?"

"Peeving Marmot! He's more delusional than my cousin." Eustace mumbled to himself before continuing writing in his diary.

However, the only good thing about being here is looking at their so called Queen in this horrible-looking boat. She's quite beautiful, like expected to be in this fantasy world.

Eustace looked up and saw Alarice looking at him. His eyes widen and gasped in surprise as he quickly looked down.

She may be very stunning, but she's like rest of them. Weird.

Alarice shakes her head at him as she chuckled in amusement, which made Caspian and Drinian look at her with confusion.

"Everything alright, Your Majesty?" Drinian asked worriedly.

Alarice stopped as she turned to the two men. "Oh, yes! Everything's alright." she told them as she glanced at Eustace and caught him looking at her again. She smiled in amusement before bursting into chuckles as Caspian and Drinian stared at her with concern.

"Are you sure, Alarice?" Caspian asked.

Alarice continued chuckling as she waved her hand in front of Caspian. "Yes, yes. Don't mind me, gentlemen."

Caspian and Drinian smiled at her. Alarice continued watching Eustace, who was now talking to a seagull, much to her amusement.