4| The Fox, Presents and The Frozen River

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

Alarice, Peter, Susan, Lucy and Mr. Beaver quickly ran out of the Beavers dam, trying to catch up to Edmund.

"Hurry!"

They reached the top of a hill and saw Edmund going through the Witch's castle gates.

"Edmund!" Lucy yelled.

Mr. Beaver quickly shushed her. "Shh! They'll hear ya!"

Peter tried to run after Edmund but Mr. Beaver jumped on him. "No!"

"Get off me!" Peter demanded.

"You're playing into her hands!" Mr. Beaver told him.

"We can't just let him go!" Susan reasoned out.

"He's our brother!" Lucy added.

Alarice looked worried. "We must save him!"

"He's the bait!" Mr. Beaver said and looked at the four children. "The Witch wants all five of you!"

Alarice looked at him in confusion. "What? Why?"

"To stop the prophecy from coming true! To kill you!" Mr. Beaver explained.

The four children's eyes widen in shock. They all turned to look at the castle of the White Witch as the huge ice doors closed with Edmund inside.

"Kill us?" Alarice mumbled, horrified.

Susan turned to Peter with accusing eyes. "This is all your fault!"

Peter turned to her. "My fault?" he asked in disbelief.

"None of this would have happened if you had just listened to me in the first place!"

"Oh, so you knew this would happen."

"I didn't know what would happen. Which is why we should've left while we still could!"

Alarice stood in between the two eldest Pevensies. "Stop it! This isn't going to help Edmund or us or anyone!" she said and pushed the siblings away from each other.

"She's right."

The children looked down at Mr. Beaver.

"Only Aslan can help your brother now."

Peter glanced at Alarice, who nodded at him. He sighed and looked at Mr. Beaver. "Then take us to him."