Chapter 6 : Jake's Guitar

Video above: is the C-1 FR guitar he had on the Black Mass tour 2014.

Below: Jake's new model for 2016/2017

A few days later we had done gigs in San Francisco and Portland and were waiting to catch a flight to Seattle

I sat next to Andy on the plane; Jake was sat next to CC and Jinxx was with Ashley. Blasko, on the other hand was sitting with the security guys behind us. I could just about hear them talking about busy streets and crowds.

I sigh and fasten my seatbelt for the take off. It seemed like forever as I waited for the voice breach telling us that we are setting off.

A few minutes after the take off, Andy begins to talk to me.

"It's your birthday tomorrow, isn't it?" He asks, already knowing the answer.

I nod.

"Looking forward to performing in Seattle for your birthday? Long way from Minnesota, eh?"

Being away from home didn't really bother me that much, since Mum was in New Zealand anyway. I've grown used to living on my own and traveling doesn't really change that.

"Yeh." I smile.

"Cool. Joint party with you and Jake then!" Andy seems happy at the thought of a celebration.

The flight was just under two hours and we arrived at the Seattle airport at around 11 O' clock.

"Jake, can I speak to you for a moment?" The guitar technician calls once we're all off the plane.

"Sure," Jake answers casually, his arms folded.

The pair of them head behind an old building where a large package awaits. Andy tells me to follow them nudging me forward.

Cardboard and polystyrene held together with strong Duck tape is then forced apart with a small dagger, that further revealed the package's contents. Inside, a sparkling new guitar with a satin finished neck and block inlays on a polished ebony fretboard. The guitar was a deep crimson colour and its strings that glowed in the sunlight appeared almost fragile.

"Schecter wanted you to have this one on them. It's an early birthday present from us all, Jake." The guitar tech grins.

"Wow, thanks Rick! It's gorgeous." He goes to pick it up the colours of red and black capture violently in the dappled light.

"Schecter new that you were pleased with the new shape and sustain pickups, so we got this red blood burst design just for you. It is completely exclusive and we also added a little BVB touch behind the 12th fret."

I look at Jake's new guitar as he plugs it into an amplifier and I spot the silver inlay of the BVB pentagram behind the 12th fret. Just like the Jinxx Recluse FR. I think to myself, reminiscing Jinxx's guitar on the Black Mass tour.

"I know Schecter issued you a guitar a few months ago, but we all wanted to pitch in on this one." Jinxx, normally laconic in his sentences, summarises the birthday gift in a relaxed tone.

I watch intently.

"Don't worry Alice, we have a gift for you too." The guitar technician opens another large box to reveal a silver and black rimmed guitar; the gothic cross inlays gleam in the light like new silver.

"Now this is the one thing I new about!" Jake retorts loudly, as I pull out the guitar that is instantly recognisable.

"Thought you needed an upgrade. Since I won't be using this one for a while, I thought you could have it." Jake nods as I click the lead into the input and turn the volume up.

Is this for real? I play through a few power and barre chords to get the feel and adjust the time accordingly.

I not only guitar for my birthday, it just so happens to be Jake Pitts' official model!

"I can't accept this Jake..." I mumble, trying to pass him the guitar back.

"Why not? I don't want a guitar to be unused, you know! Especially one as good as this." He pats the neck whilst still holding the new red guitar over his shoulder in a very manly position, appearing as though it weighed as much as a loaf of bread. I didn't realise how strong Jake actually is...

"Ready to begin the party, then?" CC interrupts eagerly.

"Party's not till tomorrow, you know." Jinxx laughs.

A new way to spend my birthday. In Seattle, playing a concert alongside these guys. My idols! What could be better?

Jinxx gets out his guitar and Jake, Jinxx and I have a trio jamming session until the sun goes down.

Quote: "When there's nothing left, there's always music. That's all I've ever known." Jake Pitts.

AN: Happy Birthday to Jake Pitts on 21st August!! Hope you find it interesting learning about guitars, me personally, I'm obsessed with them

AN: Happy Birthday to Jake Pitts on 21st August!! Hope you find it interesting learning about guitars, me personally, I'm obsessed with them. No wait... That's a lie, guitars are my life! Early publish due to the fact that I am now away on holiday! Anyway thanks for reading, 200 views already! And bye for now!