Chapter 10 : Discord and Harmony

Author's note: Hey guys, super sorry for slow updates. Not been great this week, but getting there! Hope you understand. Sorry it's short!

Andy remained in hospital for two more days and Blasko had extended our stay in the New York hotel till the end of the week.

We were all gathered in a function room sitting at a round table to discuss what was to happen next.

"How about we have a little holiday in a cheap hotel for a week or so while Andy recovers?" Ash quizzes Blasko.

"Hmm. As long as it is 'cheap' and doesn't go too much into our budget. We have to pay refunds for the concerts we've cancelled, remember! I explained to Lava and Universal what happened so you can relax there.  The record has been sorted out, you have been written off until you are well again, Andy. "

"Okay! Keep your hair on Blasko! We can use the money from my clothing line. Every item I make is unique or a least few in quantity, and that means we can continue to sell them at a higher price. Fans all want an item that is completely unique and not massed produced. "

I smile at Ashley's business attitude.

"Get designing then, dumbass!" CC shouts.

"Already on it! Hey Alice, want to help me choose between my designs?"

"Sure." I nod and Ashley takes me out of the room.

Once the guys are out of earshot I ask.

"What if CC or Jake come barging in with some random excuse as to why they need to disturb you?"

Ashley laughs at this remark.

"I wouldn't worry if I were you," he beams, "I managed to book the penthouse for the day. It'll just be you and me."

Somehow I felt comfortable with this and allowed Ashley to lead me up to the very top floor. As the lift door opened, Ash grabbed my left hand, the notebook clasped in his other and drags me into the exclusive penthouse room.

I look around in astonishment.

"Snazzy, isn't it?" Ash comments.

I am lost for words. How is he even able to afford this? I mean, Black Veil are famous but not THAT famous! I'm astounded.  Does he really make that much money from his clothing line?

Two large brown leather sofas are placed at neat right angles with modern glass coffee tables in front. Dainty chandeliers shine a pretty dappled light onto the sleek black tilled flooring. The bed was a king size, with extra pillows and soft cushions. A velvet like blanket was spread on top of the covers.

Almost as though Ashley had been reading my thoughts he cries.

"Been saving a few bucks for a special occasion."

"When did you earn enough money for something like this?" I interrogate.

"Oh, here and there. Worked my socks off, you know. I'll be honest though, it's  not every day I can afford something like this..." He changes the subject. "Hey, you can see the whole of New York from here!"

I rush over the the window and sure enough, I am astounded by the dazzling view of every New York building. Even the Statue of Liberty is in clear view!

I had been to New York before; at a time when Dad was alive, just a few weeks before we settled in Minnesota; but I'd never seen it like this...

"Bet it's even more incredible at night.." Ash whispers while I continue to gaze out of the window.

Ashley opens the balcony doors and steps out. I go to join him and lean against the parapet to wonder at the marvelous city beyond.

"Wow. It's amazing."

"Glad you like it. Would you like a drink while we work?" Ash asks.

For a moment I was completely lost in thought and I had forgotten our purpose as to why we were here.

"Urm yes. I'll just have a milky coffee please."

"Sugar?"

"2 please." I answer.

"Coming up!"

Once we had our drinks, Ash carefully laid his books and papers out on the table.

"Right. Where to begin...?"

"Wow. When did you draw all these?!" I quiz, impressed at the amount of drawings on the table.

"In my spare time, of course." Ash smiles, pride rushing through his veins.

"You must have a lot of spare time then."

"Not as much as you'd think..."

We carry on looking through papers and books until I pick up a design for a denim jacket with stud rivets on the shoulders and the AP Fashion Inc logo imprinted on the back.

"I... I l..like this." I fumble with my words for some reason.

"Really?" Ash jumps, grabbing the piece of paper from my hand. "Haha, I've released similar items like this one before, and they've always sold; right that one's in the pile!"

We carry on like this for a while, and almost everything I choose ends in the pile. Ash smiles at me and carries on working.

Quote: "Out of clutter, find simplicity, from discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." ~ Albert Einstein